Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Active Reports subreport tool list

Sumac Andy

Hi all.

This may have been covered on here / elsewhere but I'm struggling with this one!

I have a basic main report file to which I want to use a 'subreport' file to give me some tool information  -  tool number, size and type, holder but no duplicate tools please.

I am stuck as my report only returns one tool from this report.  If any clever users out there know of a successful work around and could tell me / show me, I would be extremely grateful.

Here is a link to the two report files and one zipped file for both.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dad0oerpcf5l04t/-t%28tool%29.rpx?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/io8u189yj1jqjxx/t%28mcam%29.rpx?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/j5jycjw0w2gjeim/SST.rar?dl=0

I look forward to any replies.

Andy.

How can I edit the tool list to give more info than just Tool number and Tool Description?

You need to add any additional fields to the report you want and set each DataField property to to the appropriate XML tag in the setup sheet xml file that is created by Mastercam when you run a setup sheet.

For example:

-<TOOL>

<SPACER>SJV</SPACER>

<COMMENT>Roca Ø63</COMMENT>

<TIME-LONG>0 HOURS, 0 MINUTES, 14 SECONDS</TIME-LONG>

<TIME-SHORT>00:00:14</TIME-SHORT>

<COOLANT-OP>Flood</COOLANT-OP>

<COOLANT-TL>Off</COOLANT-TL>

<COOLANT>Flood</COOLANT>

<CORNER-RADIUS>0.0</CORNER-RADIUS>

<CORNER-RADIUS-TYPE>None</CORNER-RADIUS-TYPE>

<DESCRIPTION>#1 - M63.00 FACE MILL - ROCA Ø63</DESCRIPTION>

<NAME>Roca Ø63</NAME>

<DIAMETER>63.0</DIAMETER>

<RADIUS>31.5</RADIUS>

<DIAMETER-OFFSET>1</DIAMETER-OFFSET>

<FLUTES>6</FLUTES>

<LENGTH-OFFSET>1</LENGTH-OFFSET>

<MATERIAL>Carbide</MATERIAL>

<METRIC>YES</METRIC>

<MC>C:\users\public\documents\shared mcamx9\MILL\TOOLS\FACEMILL.mcx-9</MC>

<NUMBER>1</NUMBER>

<ALIAS>T0101</ALIAS>

<STATION>-1</STATION>

<ACTIVE-SPINDLE>Left</ACTIVE-SPINDLE>

<ACTIVE-TURRET>Right</ACTIVE-TURRET>

A list of all setup sheet and tool list XML tags and their meaning are in the Activereports Designer Help documentation accessible from the Designer.

I highly suggest reading through the Activereports tutorial @ https://www.mastercam.com/en-us/Support/Tutorials/Mastercam as it explains how to do this and much more. Just register on the website, you don't need active maintenance and you should be able to access the tutorial.

• Like 1

Andy,

I had to implement two additional sub reports to enable drilling down into the tools list. (see attachment)

t(mcam) 
   implements t(ncfile)
      implements t(tools)
         implements t(tool)

Hi Mick.

Thanks for this reply and solution.....I will hopefully get to look at this later today.   :unworthy:

Many thanks again.

Andy.

Maybe not related, but will ask anyway. Anyway to have Active reports look at Axis combinations and make reports based off of them? I currently grab the Upper Left Turret Operation Right Click and make a Upper Left Turret Active report using a Upper Left Template. I do the Same for an Upper Reft and then again for a Lower turret. For a Triple turret machine I have to have 3 templates to get the output I am looking for. Be great to have one report that understands the axis combinations and then breaks up the operations for the correct Turret and then outputs the reports. I can send you a sample file if you need it.

Andy,

I had to implement two additional sub reports to enable drilling down into the tools list. (see attachment)

t(mcam) 
   implements t(ncfile)
      implements t(tools)
         implements t(tool)

Hi again Mick.

This seems to work perfectly, thank you once again.

I have the tutorial file(s) but still don't fully understand the drilling down through the hierarchy to get the info required as you have done here.

Can you explain in simple terms how this happens?

I appreciate any response to help further.

:cheers:  Andy.

Hi again Mick.

This seems to work perfectly, thank you once again.

I have the tutorial file(s) but still don't fully understand the drilling down through the hierarchy to get the info required as you have done here.

Can you explain in simple terms how this happens?

I appreciate any response to help further.

:cheers:  Andy.

I'm certainly not an expert with Active-reports but I'll do my best to explain and I am sure there are other ways to accomplish the same result but this works for me.

The XML source file generated by Mastercam contains multiple sections of data each contained within a tag (node) , some of this data only appears once in the file like the NCFILE tag, others like TOOL can appear multiple times as a drawing can contain multiple tools.

Active-reports viewer fetches data from its source when launched, in this case the XML file created by Mastercam, the top node being SETUPSHEET. A sub report with a record-set of NCFILE will only fetch once because there is only one in the source, a sub-report with a record set of TOOLS will also only fetch once as there is only one, a sub-report of TOOL may fire multiple times depending on the number of entries.

post-4901-0-09512600-1432836179_thumb.png

post-4901-0-56971300-1432836512_thumb.png

post-4901-0-81604200-1432836598_thumb.png

Maybe not related, but will ask anyway. Anyway to have Active reports look at Axis combinations and make reports based off of them? I currently grab the Upper Left Turret Operation Right Click and make a Upper Left Turret Active report using a Upper Left Template. I do the Same for an Upper Reft and then again for a Lower turret. For a Triple turret machine I have to have 3 templates to get the output I am looking for. Be great to have one report that understands the axis combinations and then breaks up the operations for the correct Turret and then outputs the reports. I can send you a sample file if you need it.

Ron,

I would imagine that might be possible, have some code to test for axis combo (assuming the data is in the source file) and add some logic to the report start event and show/hide report elements as needed. I am pretty swamped at the moment with our reseller event looming and just released X9 but feel free to send me what you have and I'll take a look.

I'm certainly not an expert with Active-reports but I'll do my best to explain and I am sure there are other ways to accomplish the same result but this works for me.

The XML source file generated by Mastercam contains multiple sections of data each contained within a tag (node) , some of this data only appears once in the file like the NCFILE tag, others like TOOL can appear multiple times as a drawing can contain multiple tools.

Active-reports viewer fetches data from its source when launched, in this case the XML file created by Mastercam, the top node being SETUPSHEET. A sub report with a record-set of NCFILE will only fetch once because there is only one in the source, a sub-report with a record set of TOOLS will also only fetch once as there is only one, a sub-report of TOOL may fire multiple times depending on the number of entries.

Hi Mick.

Thanks for your time, again, I certainly appreciate it.

So, as I see it, for every time you require information from every 'data source sub level' you need a sub report from that level?

I was also curious as the final 'TOOL' level report that just 'txt' data field was required?  I will look further but it still fascinates me as to the logic that the computer compilers/programs follow to give the info we need!

As I said before.... ANY info you give or ANY info that ANY body gives is very gratefully received from myself.

Andy.