Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Delete Duplicate Entities

robk

Is there a certain order the software delets them in? For example if there are 3 arcs with different line styles on top of each other, how come the geometry for the arc that is left over is a hidden style? Is there a way to choose what style of line I want kept after deleting the duplicates? How about findovlp c-hook? Any choices there?

Rob

robk,

3 arcs made up of different line styles should not be duplicates unless you are setting the delete dups line style turned off. i noticed that when i created 3 different line style arcs

the last arc created was the one saved. iwas able to repeat this so i think the order of creation

has something to do with it...HTH

Good Morning

quote:

Is there a certain order the software delets them in?

Way back MC we didn't have all the options for selection that they have now. So if we wanted to program a contour, or points useing a window, it would pick the entity drawn last,and program it first.

My guess is that the logic of the system works the same today, where ever the selection filters are not an option.

quote:

3 arcs made up of different line styles should not be duplicates unless you are setting the delete dups line style turned off.

All the boxes are checked off

quote:

My guess is that the logic of the system works the same today, where ever the selection filters are not an option.

Too bad frown.gif

I made a layout drawing from a solid, so all the geometry got created by mastercam itself. I don't know in what order anything gets created. With a few hundred arcs I was trying to make the print acurate (hidden lines where they belong)for the operator to read. When I deleted duplicate entities everything looked pretty crappy. Sure would be a nice option in X.

Thank guys,

Rob

quote:

Is there a certain order the software delets them in? For example if there are 3 arcs with different line styles on top of each other, how come the geometry for the arc that is left over is a hidden style? Is there a way to choose what style of line I want kept after deleting the duplicates? How about findovlp c-hook? Any choices there?

Ver 9?

If so ,use mask !

quote:

The Delete Duplicates dialog box allows you to select attributes to further define the duplicate entities you wish to delete. The options include:

Color selects duplicate entities with identical color.

Level selects duplicate entities from identical levels.

Line style selects duplicate entities with identical line styles.

Line width selects duplicate entities with identical line widths.

Point style selects duplicate entities with identical point styles.

Select all checks all options.

Clear all removes checks from all attribute options. When all options are cleared, Mastercam selects only duplicates with identical XYZ coordinates.

Well ,this will not give you the easy answer to your problem ,if your geometry is not sorted by layers ,colors and linetype .

This is one of the basic things I start new part:

separete a part to

levels ,colors and linetypes

Main surfaces level ,backup surfaces level ,main geometry ,solid geometry level ,solid ,sections,toolpathes and so .

If I need something to move to some level I simply copy entities to this level ,leave what I need and delete duplicated enteties then I change this level attributes to what I need .

Don`t forget after all this copy delete tricks to run Ramsaaving or your file will grow to the sky !

And I use masking a lot smile.gif

You loose ten minutes but gain hours!

Iskander teh too Lazy to work hard !

Iskander,

That is what I have been doing all along, but tried to see if I was maybe missing a trick somwhere. Sometimes it's the simplest things that take the longest. I was jut looking for a lazy way out if you know what I mean biggrin.gif

V9.1 sp2

Rob