Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Lathe Quad tools

Brian Pallas

Hello,

Programming dual spindle lathes we use a quad tool holder that holds 2 tools for each spindle.  A rougher and finisher for both sides.  So the rougher on the main spindle is T303, the finisher on the main is T333, and the rougher on the sub is T323 and the finisher for the sub is T343.

In MasterCam I will bring my tool in and in the "define tool" and give it tool #3 with, say for example, offset 33.  Then after I green check out of that back to the toolpath box, the tool will be T303!  Every toolpath I create with a different offset numbered tool I need to enter the offset in on the toolpath parameters page.

Is there any way to get MCAM to take the offsets in the define tool page and not change them?  I don't have this problem with normal tools, just ones using the same tool number.

Thanks,

Brian

Thanks for the reply.  I kind of figured that is what the answer was going to be, but was *hoping* there was an easier solution :)

Another question I have today - If you have your program for both the sub and main spindles and POCO done, and you want to change the sub spindle chucking diameter and gripping position, what is the easiest way to do that without mucking everything up?  

If there isn't an easy way I can just draw in where I know the chuck jaws will be and have that level turned on when I backplot.