Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Creating Tools in X9

Mic6

Once you create a tool, right click on it and in the dropdown menu there is an option to "save tool to library". Click that but make sure that is the library you are using in that MCX file. You can choose what tool library by going to the top of your operations manager, properties, files and that's where you can select which library you are using. Hope this helps. Any more questions just ask.

If you are using holders I tell everyone to abandon the old tried trued way of creating tools. All holders of every type were added to the standard tool library. I have gone in a different direction. I have taken the holder.tooldb I am using and took the big_inch.tooldb then used the new tool manger to copy those tools into the holder.tooldb I will be using for a machine. Now I have that specific set of holders opened and then tools also with it. I don't have to keep reopening the correct holders for the tools. I make the correct holder library I am using my default tool library and done. None of this jumping back and forth and having to keep fighting Mastercam to program a part. You cannot assign a holder to a Mastercam file, but you can assign a tool library. So if you combine your tools into your holder library and make that your tool library now you have the specific holder you are using for that machine.

Yeah just crazy to only have one set of holders associated to set of tools like just about every machine does it, but remember I am the crazy one.

• Like 2

I am now getting to the point when I am taking the libraries and naming them the same as the machine I am programming for. HSK-63A has been copied now for 5 different machines and renamed for each machine. Have to be aware of an issue with reamer when using the big_inch.tooldb. All reamer were given as default chamfer of .125 not a ratio. You will get an error on all reamers under .25 in diameter. Also know that all reamers are defined with a .125 chamfer. I took the time and fixed the big_inch.tooldb before coping it, but not a 5 minute job. There is a bug number for it and hopefully we see the fix soon.