Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Operations manager un-docked, strange maximize

r6z4o6

Hi everyone,

Long time listener, first time poster here!

Have been using X7 (mostly) trouble-free for some time now.....until yesterday :(

In the middle of having a program being open and just sitting there, I notice my operations manager starts acting all wonky.

How I LIKE to have it is the operations manager docked on the left side, with my MRU toolbar "pinned" on the right of the OM and the quick masks under the MRU as well.

What I HAVE is a cluster funk!

The OM is sitting undocked currently:

post-47374-0-20188700-1440078394_thumb.jpg

You can see my MRU and quickmasks pinned to the far left side of the workspace.

If I left click on the title bar of the OM, it maximizes.

If I left click and HOLD in an attempt to drag the OM location, the outline acts as if it is moving it around my work space but it will only maximize.

If I Right click on the title bar, I get two options: MOVE or HIDE.

post-47374-0-33830200-1440080812_thumb.jpg

MOVE will allow me to scoot around the undocked OM, HIDE will make it go away. Alt+O brings the OM back after I choose HIDE.

Here it is maximized:

post-47374-0-80888700-1440078422_thumb.jpg

If I single right-click, double right-click, or right click and drag the OM title bar while maximized, nothing happens.

If I single left-click the OM title bar while maximized, nothing happens.

If I left click and drag the OM title bar while maximized, I can move it up and down while it takes over my entire workspace:

post-47374-0-55888600-1440078434_thumb.jpg

If I double left-click the OM title bar while maximized, it minimizes BACK to it's un-docked state :(

post-47374-0-20188700-1440078394_thumb.jpg

I have restarted Mastercam, restarted the computer, always comes back the same.

I searched and read the topic "re - dock operation manager", nothing I can right click above the backplot icon has any option other than MOVE or HIDE; there is no DOCKING option.....I closed down Mastercam, went tot he applet and reset dialog position, stated Mastercam back up, nothing changed.

*update* I can move the MRU and quickmask around, and then when I maximize the OM, it almost seems like it's docked, it's just that the WIDTH of the OM is more than my Mastercam workspace so I can't grab a hold of the right side and resize it!!

post-47374-0-77654000-1440080310_thumb.jpg

Also, if I left click directly to the left of the red [x] in the upper right corner of the OM titlebar, a menu will MAGICALLY appear even though there is no button displayed!

post-47374-0-12290200-1440080539_thumb.jpg

I will restart computer after I went to the applet and reset dialog position and see if that has any effect after I post this.

It seems I need to FORCE the width of the "docked/maximized" OM to a specific width smaller than my maximized Mastercam workspace so that I can grab the right pane of the OM and drag it back where it needs to be....any suggetions??

Thanks for replying cncworker!

When I hover my mouse pointer over the text "Operations Manager" and attempt to left mouse double click while it is in its minimized un-docked state, the SPLIT SECOND I make my first mouse click, the OM maximizes and my second click goes off target lol!!

I did :(

When I left click and hold, the hollow 'outline' of the OM box gets very large and takes up most of my workspace. I can drag it around all over the place, even over all my menu icons up top or even totally off of the focus of the main Mastercam window.....the split-second I let go, it is fully docked/maximized again inside the workspace!!!! The more I look at it, it could be properly docked(it snaps up cleanly against the left edge of my workspace), it just extends to the right side all the way PAST my main Mastercam window so I cannot "grab" the right edge of the OM pane and resize it to fit....

Strange, as I look at screenshots of the OM on the internet they all have that black filled in down arrow button directly to the left of the red [x] in the title bar of the OM. As stated above, my arrow button seems to be working properly, it is just NOT displaying at all! (invisible button)<--- not sure if this is related, just an additional observation to my primary issue which is LARGE OM that I cannot wrangle in smaller ...

Try this.  I think i got your problem to resemble on my computer too.  I had it all the way to the right edge and couldn't grab the edge either.

So what i did,   i left clicked and held on the operations manager word at the top like you have been and i was able to slide it to the left

just a little.  but it was enough to grab the right edge and resize it.

Try to click on your MAIN MasterCAM window Maximize button (2 overlapped boxes in extreme top right of your screen) to maximize it. 

In other programs I have used, if the main screen is sized for your whole screen, but not actually maximized, you lose some of the edges/controls of sub-windows within the main window. 

If you maximize the main window, you can then resize/control the sub-window.

-Brian

May need to get more aggressive,

- close Mcam

- go to the Windows start

- go to "All Programs"

- scroll to the McamX7 folder

- open the utilities folder and launch the Advanced Configuration utility

- choose the version you want to apply the changes to

- go to "Reset", select "Dialog Positions" where it says "do not reset" this will bring up the drop down menu

- then use the drop down to reset the dialog positions

cncworker,

I have one single monitor.

I also tried what you suggested about scooting it over to the left.

If I grab my docked/maximized OM on the words "Operations Manger" and drag it to the right, I can immediately see the left edge of the OM and when I release it, the left edge is still snapped in place and the right side appears to go on past the edge of my main Mastercam window.

If I grab my docked/maximized OM on the words "Operations Manger" and drag it to the LEFT, the edge of the OM continues on to infinity to the right past my main Mastercam window and when I release it, it snaps back in place against the left wall....again.

BFLeeger,

When I have the MAIN Mastercam window maximized, there is no change in the OM behavior. I still can only snap it against the left edge of the workspace (which then 100% covers every bit of my main drawing/workspace window). I mean this thing AGGRESIVELY takes up the screen! I got another screen shot and when I single right-click on the light blue area above and below the OM when it is maximized/docked, it treats it as if it is a blank space in the toolbar above....

post-47374-0-71533500-1440092084_thumb.jpg

yes cncworker, I can at least hit Alt-O and minimize...just frustrating as all get-out!

CJep,

I will try that first thing Monday morning...It's quittin' time and I'm off of work tomorrow!

Thanks for all the suggestions so far :)

Ok, Monday morning!

Cjep,

In "Reset" I tried not only "Dialog positions" but also "Status bar pane contents" to no avail....no change in behavior after doing each reset and then starting Mastercam....

Would someone mind verifying the behavior of your "undocked" OM? When you single click somewhere in the title bar, does it IMMEDIATELY maximize? I don't recall it being on such a hair trigger before I started noticing this issue......

Can you grab the operations manager title bar and slide the whole box to the right?  Then grab the LEFT edge of the box and move right. Then grab the title bar again and slide left.  Can you now grab the right side of the box?

I see what you are getting at!!! The short answer is "No, I cannot."

If I take the 'minimized' OM floating anywhere randomly on my Mastercam graphics window and left click & hold on the title bar, and move to the right, I get the greyed-outline of the OM that moves to the right and immediately upon releasing left click the OM is now maximized/docked and is now snapped against the left edge of the Mastercam window.

If I take the 'maximized' OM which is snapped against the left edge of the graphics window and left click & hold on the title bar, and move to the right, I get the greyed-outline of the OM that moves to the right and immediately upon releasing left click the OM is still snapped against the left edge of the Mastercam window. The only thing I can left click and hold to do is move the 'maximized/docked' OM up and down; it is always snapped against the left side of the graphic window no matter where I move it left/right!! (and the right side of OM is not viewable past the right edge of the graphics window, even when graphics window is maximized.)

Can you do a little test for me please?

Manually undock your OM and move it somewhere in the middle of your graphics window with no other toolbars touching or docked on it.

Single left click anywhere in the OM title bar, does yours IMMEDIATELY maximize/dock/snap against the left side of the graphics window????? :(

• 2 weeks later...

FIXED!!!! and the grand prize goes to.....AMJER !!

ajmer steered me (really my IT) in the correct direction!

We went to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\CNC Software, Inc.\Mastercam X8\GUI

but instead of deleting the entire path, we went to MCDockState_Opman_Bar, and the individual key of SizeDockedCx and reset the value to a much smaller number (300) instead of the 1,567,943 which was in there so once it maximized it was a reasonable width! Still dunno HOW that key got changed, but I'm really happy to have my OM back in action again!

Thanks again everyone for your patience and input!

(consolation prize to cncworker for all your hard work too to help keep me goin' when times were tough lol)