Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

File/Get taking forever?? 9.1sp2

Brendan P

Good afternoon friends,

I don't know if anyone else is having this problem,but it seems if I have say a mill file opened,and then I go to open up a lathe file,it is taking "forever" to open.

It may also happen if trying to open (2) mill files too.

I never had this problem in 9sp1??

I have been "dealing" with it for a while now,and can't take it anymore.

Any suggestions please??

Thanks wink.gif

This was disscussed a while ago. If memory serves correct, it seems it was related to pulling files from a server.

quote:

mine does the same I gave up on 2 MC's open at the same time.

I too have given up on running mult. sessions. I'm not pulling files from a server, just a slow PC. For me, the first file get after launching MCAM is slow, others are faster.

quote:

I too have given up on running mult. sessions. I'm not pulling files from a server, just a slow PC. For me, the first file get after launching MCAM is slow, others are faster.

+1. Slow originally, then down to about 3 seconds afterwards. I also do not run multilpe sessions of MC FOR THIS VERY REASON!! (hint hint, nudge nudge) With a session already opened, it takes upwards of a minute OR MORE to get the other dialog. rolleyes.gif

'Rekd

That may be a good option to have in a future V of MC. I have a difficult time keeping 1 V. from crashing yet alone 2. I run a pretty up to date computer, I can have multiple assembly-part-drawings files in Solidworks with no problem. If only MC had a similar option.

confused.gifcheers.gif

In future verX real windows version MAstercam can use

Microsolt Multidocument interface for opening say 16 files together or more like Intellicad 2000

and others do.

At least in design smile.gif

And that will be the end of Multiple Mastercam

sessions

Iskander teh Give me verX but leave me current Mastercam interface !

[ 11-20-2003, 02:57 PM: Message edited by: Iskander teh Lazy ]

Thanks for all the replys guys.

I thought it was discussed in an earlier thread too,I will have to hunt it down. eek.gif

No,I am not trying to get the file from a server,it happens even if I am working off my desktop.

I still have 9sp1 installed,and it does NOT happen on it!

WHY????

I have to run multiple sessions.

I am always switching on diff. jobs.

I've got the same issue bucket. My file get takes a good deal of time when pulling from a local hard drive using 9.1 sp2. I also have a substantial increase in the amount of time it takes to load the menus for 9.1 over version 9. If you find anything please post it becuase we're clueless here...

• 1 month later...

I had ,emphasis on had, the same problem. Thanks, Camdude. After a little searching in the forum history I found my answer.

I work strictly off of a server. Not only that. The building I work in is about a 1/4 mile from the main building where the server is. No local disk work here. File/Get was crawling. Now it takes less than 2 seconds. But, when you set to Windows standard you lose the option on File/Get to use the Recent Files when you right click in folder window. frown.gif

I wanted to revive this thread so others could read it too. wink.gif

You guys are awesome. Every last one of you.

cheers.gif

[ 01-07-2004, 10:59 PM: Message edited by: Rookie 1 ]