Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Point to Point

tiredtoolmaker

You can also add another line of code just below 'linarc$ = one'. This would be for setting the "break arc tolerance", which determines how many points you are outputting for each circle:

(put your cursor on the end of line, after the 'linarc$ = one', and press Enter. Then on a new line below, add "chord_tol$ = .001")

pmotion_su      #Motion Setup (Set brklinestype & linarc)
      brklinestype$ = zero
      linarc$ = one
      chord_tol$ = .001
      if rot_on_x,
        [

(I omitted some lines for clarity...)

Then post and see how many points you are getting. If you need more/less points, change the chord_tol$ value. (.0001, .0002, .003, ect.)

Guest MTB Technical Services

Just curious but I want arcs. Is there a reason why you prefer segments?

You may get faceted surfaces from linear segments.

Just curious.

Especially on a Haas.

The program will run much less smoothly.

There is a very limited amount of servo tuning you can do and the control itself is also a limiting factor.

I would love to see Haas add something like SIEMENS CIP Arc functionality as it would make 3d Machining much better on their platform.

While there is a lot to like about Haas, processing speed and HSM are not very good on any of their machines.

They simply weren't designed for it.

We have an older Quintax router that will not except 3d arcs "k" values are a no go with this machine.  In the process of turning off 3d arcs and what not I came across "present arcs as line segments"  and filtered as much as possible to try and create point to point moves.  This machine loves that stuff.  It hasn't ran better since I switched to line segments.