Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Westec 2015

Jayson Kramer

Guest MTB Technical Services

Two companies that impress the h!@# out of me for technical support and prompt response, is Cimco and CGTech/Vericut.

Even with Jay helping... LOL (Sorry Jay, just thought I would throw that in there...hehehe)

CIMCO actually fixed the APT Backplot so it's correct for ISO-4343.

The fact they took the time to read through the documentation I gave them speaks volumes.

The only subtlety is that they read MOVARC/ for circle records instead of CIRCLE/ .

I'm anxiously awaiting the proper backplot of SIEMENS CIP Arcs!

Tim, you should still have my email please contact me when you come in. I will come to catch up to. You need to contact me anyways . I need to make sure you have an Editor.

Jay,

Will do.

As soon as I have a travel schedule for my visit in October, I'll let you know.

Here's the APT file being simulated in the video.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6h0horhkmccxw9n/NAS_979_5X.cl?dl=0

The 5-Axis swarf cuts start about 8:29.

The tiled workplanes are after that.

• Like 1

WESTEC sure was interesting this year. The Ellison guys sure were hanging their heads as were the more seasoned (former) Doosan folks. Ellison's top folks were working the REM Sales/Tsugami booth. Those two companies are a dumpster fire right now. If I were a Mori customer, I'd be PISSED!

WESTEC sure was interesting this year. The Ellison guys sure were hanging their heads as were the more seasoned (former) Doosan folks. Ellison's top folks were working the REM Sales/Tsugami booth. Those two companies are a dumpster fire right now. If I were a Mori customer, I'd be PISSED!

And yet, not a single public statement about the split yet.

I can't think of a more poorly handled business decision in the industry.

• Like 1

And yet, not a single public statement about the split yet.

I can't think of a more poorly handled business decision in the industry.

All I know is, a LOT of Mori Houses will be going blue during the next couple of years... Matsuura blue. :yes:

All I know is, a LOT of Mori Houses will be going blue during the next couple of years... Matsuura blue. :yes:

Maybe they'll be needing some 5-axis apps guys?  :w00t: 

• Like 1

Maybe they'll be needing some 5-axis apps guys?  :w00t:

That's the presumption... their NMV is a piece of $#!+ and the older those machines get, the more they show what pieces of $#!+ they really are.

post-46432-0-64635700-1442595416_thumb.jpgpost-46432-0-94115700-1442595416_thumb.jpgpost-46432-0-85369000-1442595415_thumb.jpgpost-46432-0-25811400-1442595416_thumb.jpg

Apples to apple comparison here. SAME program, SAME tooling, SAME workholding, the $#!++y looking one is the Mori, the good looking one is the Matsuura.

MAM killers....... :rofl:

NMV is about a tick above the Haas UMC-750 on the performance scale and personally I'd rather own the Haas. They are at least honest about what it is (entry level 5-Axis). Mori on the other hand...not so much.

• 3 weeks later...

chatted with our local Doosan tech today when he was in , he's going to a big meeting next month in regards to this .