Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mastercam Generating Wrong Flowline for Surface

jmdsilva

Really, just did it in V9

Go figure

Made several surfaces using ruled and swept, on the exact same geometry, just different chaining techniques and directions....UV lines changed based on that...

Did several more using Coons, same result

Do you mean X9? :turned: :turned:

Remember some us do go back to the V7 days and some older.

Right away. We have an 3Axis CNC so i must cut the piece from the top with a slot mill... In the file are 2 different toolpaths, one using surface contour and the other surface flowline.

attachicon.gifDISCO FERRAMENTA_22MM_TESTE2.MCX-5

Many thanks.

I created a flat boundary surface to your contour toolpath and it worked like a champ. Your flowline toolpath looks great. I don't understand why you didn't turn on direction to control the tool getting in and out of the closed shape. If you did that then that would work very well. I have take that same type of toolpath and use material to leave to rough shapes like this. Just copy the toolpath and change your step over and amount of stock to leave and you should be set.

• Like 2

Not true. In earlier versions you were able to manipulate the direction of multiple entities by creating surfaces in the manner in which you wanted the flowline to travel. That ability ended in X8. I used to do this all the time with flowline toolpaths.

Still can just like every version before it. Got a sample file showing some problems you have had?

i was able to get surface contour to work.  I used your path.  the only thing i did was make a flat boundary surface on the top to keep it out of the hole and created a gian pacman shaped containment.

surfcontour.png

surfcontour2.png

i would upload the file but i'm out of space and i only go back to x8

• Like 1

Thank you very much!!! All of you!!!

We are always learnig new stuff someway, and all of you helped me a lot. I'm getting started with this but certainly i'll come back here at the forum put my doubts because i know i'll get them cleared.

Best regards!