Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Post Processor for Hardinge Conquest 225B Swissturn Lathe

ChrisD

It is a GE FANUC 18T 6 Axis Swissturn with a subspindle and auxiliary tool slide.

Here is some sample code out of the Instruction book:

Sample Program#1

Second Path MAIN PATH

O0001; O0001;

M853; M853;

N50 (COLLET RECHUCK); N50(COLLET RECHUCK

M200; M200;

G28 W0.; T0505 S1000 M13

M201; G1 G99 X-.02 F.002

M1; M21

G300 Z2.35

M22

G4 U.5

Z-.05

G28 U0.

M201

M1

I guess this is multi task machining post work.

There are, what I think, sync codes in here...

(M853 etc),

Well Chris I think you are in what we call custome post land and that is handled by your dealer. I think you can find multi axis post but to be exactly what you are lookign for I think you are going to need to contact them and they can get you to the point you want to be too. I know here come well it is going to cost money but I ask this how much time are you wasting by not having the right tool for the job. It seems like why should I pay extra but unless Mastercam sold it software for about $100,000 a seat no whay they could ever cover every machien and every controller out there.

Crazy Millman

[ 12-03-2003, 03:21 PM: Message edited by: Millman^Crazy ]

Ok, Millman just asking. I guess it does hurt to ask.

I would be totally willing to work with the dealer on making a post. In the mean time, if there is something in a post that I can do myself with a little help to save a few bucks during a struggling time, then I'll do it.

I'll consider the matter closed.

Mastercam can support programming left and right spindles, top and bottom turrets. What we don't do is graphically assist in the synchronization of the two turrets. Yet.

Oh - and we're Chris' dealer, and he used to work for us. I see no foul in the question.

[ 12-04-2003, 11:56 AM: Message edited by: Dave Thomson ]

Thank you Dave and Peter.

I didn't mean to go over anyone's heads here. I know Peter and I talked on the phone about the multitask machining module available in the coming months. I just wanted to know if anyone out there had any similar situations and could offer some advice.