Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

solids

JayMan

quote:

Boy, you're quick.

ya Rob, the mamamamagagment just pissed me off,so I thought its a good time to relax and do some forum work biggrin.gif spent 4 hrs today gramming a HOT job. now they come up and say they want to start ruffing the castings on a manual boring mill cause there is a guy open right now. mad.gif what a waste rolleyes.gif

Jay a normal habit I try to teach when it comes to making solids is to make one level the wire that you use for the making of the solid.

Then another level for the solid.

Along with good practice make the wire and solid a different color to make it easy to see the wire you are using when the solid is on.

Then after this if you want to have some wire frame from the solid to work with make another level call it 3d wire from a solid.

Then make a wire frame model from the solid.

Now you have the history if needed but can be masked or turned off & and a wire frame if you want to have some paths using wire and it was a simple click to get it.

But if you want to do like you did before download from the FTP the c-hook Nohist.dll

This removes the history just like exporting out the parasolid and bringing back a dumb solid.

But allot less work and converting.

JM2C

Thanks JMC2 for the info.

Most everything that we get comes in as a dumb solid for us to machine..So this is one of the first solids that I have created from a hand drawn print. I understand now, that I should keep the geometry that I created it from..I just thought it was cleaner if I only had one solid and nothing else to start.. But again thank you for the help.....

Thank You Jay smile.gif

As I said before, I don't have access to see what exactly is on there...

I keep saying that one day I'm gonna check out your ftp site from my home, but by the time I get home the pc is the last thing I want to see.

Rob