Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Slotting tool reccomendations , please

I need assistance finding a tool to make a 3/32 full radius slot about 7/8 deep and 2.5" long in C1117.

I figure I'll need a 4" OD cutter if the bore ID is 1".

I would prefer that the cutter uses inserts but will settle w/ solid carbide as the job is a repeating

and somewhat high volume job.

The feature is a relief groove at the bottom of the 'V' in a V-block.

The 'V' and slot used to be cut on the old gang-millers and now that is no longer an option.

I am temporarily using a 3/32 ball emill and it is a very slow process.

Can anybody point me to any cutting tool manufacturers who might have such an item ?

I have looked at Sandvik, Iscar, Seco, Robb Jack, an PH Horn so far w/ little luck.

tia

• Like 1

Mike, basically that is what I want to do w/ the exception that I have to reach over the high part of the 'V' to the center of the 'V'

which will require a cutter diameter of 3" to 4" depending on the diameter of the shank or arbor.

Ron, I'll check the link as soon as I get back from the trenches.

specv, ditto w/ AB