Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Circle mill 5 axis toolpath problem

MrFish

Is anyone having issues with X9 - 5 axis circle mill ?

We are not getting any axis rotation output when posting new and proven programs. Nothing has changed in the post between X8 and X9 except the usual version update and I have done a compare between them and see nothing significant changed

When I opened your file Toolpath Geometry showed 4 points

Very weird stuff going on

Depending on where you click.. it will show 2 points or 4

I deleted the 2 points then repicked the end points of the line

I loaded my Okuma trunion post and got good output

5X Circle mill driven by points and lines does not need points

Just use lines and select the endpoint of the line..

It still cycles between 2 and 4 points though..  I think this file needs to go to QC

• Like 1

Gcode

Yip see the 4 point 2 point thing all the time with varying files but have never had the output problem just seems to be some sort of memory going on even though the there is only 2 points selected.

Points are just there as I used the hole axis function to create the axis and generically have the points and circles on. Usually still select endpoint of axis line though just to be safe.

I have tested the file with the generic 5 axis post too now and as you say there is a rotation being posted so can only assume there is something funky going on with our post with X9 that wasn't happening with X8 so have sent through to Dave at postability to check out.

Thanks for your help.

On occasion I've encountered that "fluctuation" between the number of points in the ops manager, and the points in the geometry. I've encountered it in 5 axis drill both for a mill/turn and the 5 axis.

Actually, I've noticed in X9 it often shows zero chains for toolpaths under geometry in the operations manager, but when I open up the chain manager it has the chain(s) listed. Typically a regen corrects that.

Hi Murlin

yip that works, but shouldn't have too as everything used to work fine in X8 so something has changed. Suspect it has something to do with the 5 axis paths being plane aware now and our post not handling the cycle as it should.

Anyway post writer is trying to fix it at the moment.

Hi Murlin

yip that works, but shouldn't have too as everything used to work fine in X8 so something has changed. Suspect it has something to do with the 5 axis paths being plane aware now and our post not handling the cycle as it should.

Anyway post writer is trying to fix it at the moment.

Ya things work different from release to release sometimes...

How bout this :)  My example was more about the linking and splitting up the points because they were 180....

post-5941-0-00883700-1454462166_thumb.jpg