Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Cannot find Parasolid data in SOLIDWORKS file

chrisxib

Hi I just updated to Solidworks 2016, and I tryed to merge a Solidworks 2016 part into Mastercam X9, but I keep getting "Cannot find Parasolid data in SOLIDWORKS file" message. I tryed this fix I found on this forum

right click on CMD.exe and run as administrator

then run the following in CMD

C:\windows|syswow64\regsrv32.exe "C:\program files\mcamx9\common\swoksdata\swdocumentmgr.dll"

But I keep getting the same message.

Any help would be appreciated

Chris

Hi

May be you need export the piece in SW in STEP or IGES, I have SW2016 and MCX9, always I export the pieces like this way.

The reason is the date of the update of this softwares, for example, MCX9 was presented on July 2015 and SW2016 on November 2015.

That is not accurate, X9, with the latest patch can open SW2016 files without issue.

Version 18.0.18466.0

Click ALT + V to see your current version

There is most likely a .dll issue on the users computer if he is up to date

Hi

May be you need export the piece in SW in STEP or IGES, I have SW2016 and MCX9, always I export the pieces like this way.

The reason is the date of the update of this softwares, for example, MCX9 was presented on July 2015 and SW2016 on November 2015.

There is no issues importing SWX 2016 files into Mastercam, if you have the update that JParis recommends.  Also I would never recommend using an IGES file if anything else is available.  IGES will give you a surface body instead of a solid.

Go to Mastercam's download page

http://www.mastercam.com/en-us/Support/Downloads/Mastercam

• 2 weeks later...

That is not accurate, X9, with the latest patch can open SW2016 files without issue.

Version 18.0.18466.0

Click ALT + V to see your current version

There is most likely a .dll issue on the users computer if he is up to date

I'm looking to upgrade our SolidWorks to 2016.  Was on here to see if MC X9 was ready for SolidWorks 2016.  So you're saying it is??

I don't know if this helps, I found this a while ago in another thread when I was having a similar issue. Apparently you have to re-register your swdocumentmgr.

There is a method to manually registering the swdocumentmgr, Ryan on the Mastercam forum posted this in the industrial forum.

• Select "Start"
  • In the search line type CMD but do not click enter
  • Instead right click on CMD.exe and select "Run as administrator"
  • This will open a command prompt that says Administrator on the title bar
  • Next type the following string, don't forget the " " around the path:
  • C:\Windows\syswow64\regsvr32.exe "C:\program Files\mcamx8\common\sworksdata\swdocumentmgr.dll"    <<<<<< change to your X9 directory as needed.
  • Press enter and verify you get a succeeded message

I don't know if this helps, I found this a while ago in another thread when I was having a similar issue. Apparently you have to re-register your swdocumentmgr.

There is a method to manually registering the swdocumentmgr, Ryan on the Mastercam forum posted this in the industrial forum.

• Select "Start"
  • In the search line type CMD but do not click enter
  • Instead right click on CMD.exe and select "Run as administrator"
  • This will open a command prompt that says Administrator on the title bar
  • Next type the following string, don't forget the " " around the path:
  • C:\Windows\syswow64\regsvr32.exe "C:\program Files\mcamx8\common\sworksdata\swdocumentmgr.dll"    <<<<<< change to your X9 directory as needed.
  • Press enter and verify you get a succeeded message

I followed this exactly, and got the succeeded message.  But I still get the same error message when I try to install the patch.

The message you're seeing has nothing to do with the SW importer and I believe if you search the forum you'll find a solution.

Or contact Mastercam Tech Support.

I don't know if it does or doesn't, but this did fix our issue. Our error message was:

"Cannot find Parasolid data in SOLIDEDGE file"

post-1192-0-89109500-1457111774_thumb.jpg

And I know it's weird because our file wasn't even a solidworks file. All I can say is it worked and it is still working.