Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

g73 operation

awjareme

It s greyed on your pic so you can t really put in a value in textbox.

All these textbox's labels may be customised and activated/deactivated in control definition to be used in pp as you need

Ya, I know this happened when I went to x9, x8 had all options open. I was going to contact mastercam to see how to open the options back up, and also get my post modified so that the proper variables inputted come out correctly in my code which they don't, but I've been simply modifying them before sending to our mill. I was just curious as to what shift was and if I need that option open or not. It does come up in drilling parameters so I assumed its there for a reason.

I am guessing you're running a Haas?

Fanuc based controls have no use for any other input but for the peck....

Haas' do have a variable peck built in....If you are running a Haas have you tried the default Haas post that comes with Mastercam?

No Milltronics. Control requires a V,Q,U, and D variable for peck. V is initial peck, Q is subsequent peck, U is rapid up increment, and D is rapid down increment. All options were open in X8 but not X9, using the same post? I imagine shift should have always been greyed out and putting in a value probably never did anything, I was just curious what it was for. Im hoping I can get the "retract amount" be my U value and use peck clearance for D? Maybe shift would be better for this as the D value is the rapid down amount not the "peck clearance" before drilling? or maybe not as it might confuse things if I ever use a shift for boring? Are activating these variables and what they put out something I can do? or does it require post edits?

No Milltronics. Control requires a V,Q,U, and D variable for peck. V is initial peck, Q is subsequent peck, U is rapid up increment, and D is rapid down increment. All options were open in X8 but not X9, using the same post? I imagine shift should have always been greyed out and putting in a value probably never did anything, I was just curious what it was for. Im hoping I can get the "retract amount" be my U value and use peck clearance for D? Maybe shift would be better for this as the D value is the rapid down amount not the "peck clearance" before drilling? or maybe not as it might confuse things if I ever use a shift for boring? Are activating these variables and what they put out something I can do? or does it require post edits?

If your post wasn't previously giving you what you needed for output, regardless of those fields being available or no, yes you or someone else, will need to edit the post

i LOVE these posters that feed you 1 piece of information at a time. Here are things we need to know pertaining to this:

What control?

Mill / lathe?

What are you trying to accomplish?

Are you getting the wrong code when posting? Or, is this irrelevant to your code and you just want to know what it means?

i LOVE these posters that feed you 1 piece of information at a time. Here are things we need to know pertaining to this:

What control?

Mill / lathe?

What are you trying to accomplish?

Are you getting the wrong code when posting? Or, is this irrelevant to your code and you just want to know what it means?

Pretty normal for this forum. Have a great day.

• Like 1

I started with one simple question and it turned into something else. Im glad you feel special behind your keyboard, and you LOVE me, you are the best, guitar. Are you looking for responses that agree with you so you feel better about yourself the rest of the day, and smarter? Looks like you already got one too. Everyones gotta start somewhere just like im sure you did.

• Like 1

I started with one simple question and it turned into something else. Im glad you feel special behind your keyboard, and you LOVE me, you are the best, guitar. Are you looking for responses that agree with you so you feel better about yourself the rest of the day, and smarter? Looks like you already got one too. Everyones gotta start somewhere just like im sure you did.

If I go to a mechanic and tell him "something wrong, fix it", and don't give him ANY pertinent information he is going to look at me like I am an F'in id10t. Well, guess what.