Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

PRODUCTIVITY+

Did you bother to ask your Reseller, or contact [email protected] for help with the issue? I don't have a Probing license, otherwise I would have checked out your issue.

Unfortunately, many of the Resellers have zero experience with the Prod+ add-on. So you are almost better off going directly to CNC Software's support channel for help. Just CC your Reseller when you do.

For calibration, all you should have to do is position the Arc where you want to calibrate. Then perform a Single Surface probe in Z, to get the top of the ring gauge. After that, it is a 4 point bore measure macro. Unfortunately I don't have the software interface in front of me, so I can't give you step-by-step instructions on how to calibrate your probe inside Prod+.

I have helped several different people get up and running with Prod+, and it was pretty straightforward. But you must, must, get someone that actually has experience driving the software. Otherwise it is less than intuitive to get it all setup.

How much experience do you have with Post editing? Ron and JParis have both contributed a ton of sample code for implementing Probing using Custom Drill Cycles in Mastercam. If Prod+ isn't to your liking, you can still output your Probing cycles without having to hand-edit your code (yuck!).

Not one download in 1 1/2 days, so the answer to my original post is no uses this Productivity+ or likes it. End of post. TY all. I can long hand all our pre and final on machine probing way quicker. Now to be fair I dont have custom macro turned on with this 90 day trial which might be the trick to this whole thing. So they should give the custom macro with the trial. Whatever.

Do I sense some sarcasm/ attitude?  I have never used Productivity plus but I can assure you I'd figure it out in a day or two and have it running like a top.  It would take several hours though and a lot of thought.  Have you played with it much?  You could do it long had quicker than you could do it through Mastercam?  That reminds me of some people I knew that said they don't need CAM for their CNCs, they could program by hand quicker.  Never heard anything so ignorant in my life.  If you are versed in macros this should be a no-brainer.  I would guess the custom macro is required to run this and it is typically required to run a probe on the machine as well so that option should be in place, but that isn't a Mastercam option it is a Fanuc option.  Do I get the sense that you feel like you are owed some help by the people on this forum?

• Like 3

Not one download in 1 1/2 days, so the answer to my original post is no uses this Productivity+ or likes it. End of post. TY all. I can long hand all our pre and final on machine probing way quicker. Now to be fair I dont have custom macro turned on with this 90 day trial which might be the trick to this whole thing. So they should give the custom macro with the trial. Whatever.

Did you look at the link I posted? The productivity+ add on is very straight forward from what I have seen. But when you make the statement that you "feel" you have the right macros loaded it doesn't make people want to download your file and do the work for you. Contact your reseller and have them do a demo for you. They will get you up and running.

• 4 months later...

This is old topic, but as left unanswered I will add my 2p.

1. Renishaw use to have the Multiaxis software (A-4012-0578), which had capability to perform probing in all 5 spindle directions (-Z, +X, -X, +Y, -Y). It is not present anymore on their website, customers are forced to use more complex and much more expensive Productivity+.

2. MARPOSS Inspection Ultimate software has same capabilities and is available.

Pay attention: both products will work with touch probe from ANY supplier (Renishaw, MARPOSS, m@h, Blum, Heidenhain).

We spent some time with our local Mastercam Dealer (CAD/CAM Consulting) and we got things to work. It will take some work on your RenMF file to be post and run. My main issue with it is that it's "Productivity Plus" and not "Inspection Plus". The framework is bad@$$. Implementation (not MC's fault) is just bad. I tried hacking in the Inspection Plus cycles... no dice.

JM2CFWIW YMMV

I have been playing with Productivity+ add on for a while now and I have many questions. I have watched many webinars and the majority of the probe toolpaths that are shown as examples error out during the posting process. If I post just basic probe toolpaths it works fine. For example probe a circle with 3 point compare to 8 point with start angle and end angle. The ladder will error during posting. Measuring a plane with 3 points compare to measuring N points, will error. Does anyone else have these issues? 

Thanks in advance!

I have been playing with Productivity+ add on for a while now and I have many questions. I have watched many webinars and the majority of the probe toolpaths that are shown as examples error out during the posting process. If I post just basic probe toolpaths it works fine. For example probe a circle with 3 point compare to 8 point with start angle and end angle. The ladder will error during posting. Measuring a plane with 3 points compare to measuring N points, will error. Does anyone else have these issues? 

Thanks in advance!

Best to reach out to your dealer and have then run it up the ladder to CNC to see what is going on.