Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

5axis curve help

mirek1017

thanks ,one more question.The tool run center of the surface ,what to do to have a option run the tool edge to the edge of helix ????

thanks ,one more question.The tool run center of the surface ,what to do to have a option run the tool edge to the edge of helix ????

Master80 with the Morph if you use exact edges and tell it a max step over of 2.00 using exact edges it will machine both curves. I like morph because you have 12 different lead in/out types which give you 100s of possibilities to get into and out of the cut where as the curve 5 Axis is very limited to get you in and out of the cut. You can also use from Center away and could use 1.0 as the max step over and then rough the root of the surface and then come back and catch each edge. Then if you want to create a plunge toolpath for a honey comb material you can use on the roughing the plunge. If you want depths of cuts you can use that and can decide on many methods to approach the roughing. Morph pocket is good if you are working on an auger and have material you are wanting to remove. Yes many ways to go about the process, but I still call Morph between 2 curves the Swiss army knife of toolpaths.

good morning everyone,

I would like to compensation  tool only on one Edge,I do not know where to look for these settings for morph between 2 curves .for example, I would use the 2 inch cuter and run on this surface .

good morning everyone,

I would like to compensation  tool only on one Edge,I do not know where to look for these settings for morph between 2 curves .for example, I would use the 2 inch cuter and run on this surface .

post-48800-0-39263100-1457698347_thumb.png

good morning everyone,

One edge then Morph Between 2 curves would not be the best choice IMHO. I think I could fight it to do what you want, but what you started with would be my 1st choice. I just wanted to point out how much you can get done with that toolpath.