Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Stock recognition using Surface Rough Pocket

POSEIDON 5-AXIS

Hey chaps

I'm trying to rough a big job.  It's curved and 4 meters long and 2 meters wide, with about a 300mm curve depth.  I have received my material stock model from the designer, but i am trying to avoid air cuts.

Anyone know how stock recognition works in using the "Surface Rough Pocket" toolpath.  Does it work in conjunction with "Stock Model" wich is also situated under the toolpaths dropdown?

And Wow, just downloaded the MCam 2017 Beta version...., must say, LOVING the new look and functionality :)

Hey chaps

I'm trying to rough a big job.  It's curved and 4 meters long and 2 meters wide, with about a 300mm curve depth.  I have received my material stock model from the designer, but i am trying to avoid air cuts.

Anyone know how stock recognition works in using the "Surface Rough Pocket" toolpath.  Does it work in conjunction with "Stock Model" wich is also situated under the toolpaths dropdown?

And Wow, just downloaded the MCam 2017 Beta version...., must say, LOVING the new look and functionality :)

Topic should be moved to the main forum.

Surface Rough Pocket is an old school Toolpath. Far as I know it does not work with Stock Models. Opti-Rough or one of those do use Stock Model. I have not used surface rough pocket in years. Use the toolpaths the software is designed to use Stock Model with and it will yield the results you want.

• Like 1

Does the toolpath automatically recognize the stock that you define in the stock setup?

create a stock model using the solid model ( its in the milling toolpaths)

then on the stock page of the operation, select "one other operation" then pick the stock model op