Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Rotating just B axis

swanny

Haas VF-2 SS , TRT160 (5 axis rotary), Mastercam X9, GENERIC HAAS VF-TR_SERIES 5X MILL.MMD

I want to have my part rotated at the machine A-90. (part toward back of machine)

I want to set that as G55 A0. B0.

Now I want to program my part like that and only have it rotate the B axis. But it won't let me. It still wants to post out an A-90. , instead of an A0.  Is there anyway to tell Mastercam that all I want to do is rotate the B axis? I want to rotate B 180 degrees about Y without moving A. I have my WCS at FRONT and my Toolplane and Construction at TOP for the first side. Then I rotated my WCS about my Y axis 180 degrees and saved that as a new WCS. Still have my WCS at FRONT but now my Toolplane and Construction views are set to the new plane. I thought that would work. 

post-27774-0-42266100-1464723147_thumb.png

Are your post and machine definition set up correctly to match how the machine is set up in the real world?  If so you should be able to set your T-Plane and C-Plane to the orientation you want and it should follow.  You can twist your view when using "Rotate Dynamic" from the Planes Manager.  I'm on a VF-3SS with a TR-160Y.

I would set your WCS to TOP (A0/B0), then make your C/T Planes rotated as you need. Post up a file if you can. The trunnion Haas post is pretty solid out of the box. 

I originally tried doing this. I will post it up to show what I'm getting.

My question is why do you want to have this be A0 and not let it do it the proper way were it will rotate to the A-90 then you can move from there. Did you set the machine control on G55 to A-90 and lock that as A0 now?

Thats what I wanted to do. But I guess I'm just going to let it do its thing. Just thought there might of been a way to program just the B axis to move.