Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

lathe tutorials or sample files

jlw™

Could some one kindly point me to some lathe tutorials?  Or would some one be willing to throw me some sample files I can dig into.  I'm just really getting into the lathe side of things and I want to be able to take full advantage of the milling side of things such as C axis drilling and so on.  I have the "milling" side down and I also have a mill only post I use most often but I would really like to make better use of everything at my disposal.

So, if any one is willing to help by kicking me some sample files or tutorials I'd be grateful!  I even have a part or two that I'd share to get a good point of view from some one willing to help me.  There seems to be so little available in the lathe side of things as far as learning goes.

Many thanks!

Send me your email.

Typical mill/5ax guy here... can I not use WCS with lathe files?  Everything done at Lathe Z = World Z comes out great but any created WCS/Planes seem to xxxx it off.  Maybe that's whats buckin me in the futt.  I have always used "mill" paths even with my lathe post and now I want to start using the lathe side...

We also sell a Lathe Training Tutorial. The eStore is currently down for maintenance but the free sample PDF can be read here: http://www.emastercam.com/board/files/file/1048-sample-mastercam-x9-lathe-training-tutorial/

There's also a link to the store page in the download description that'll work once our webmaster finishes working on the store.

We are! We should have the primary books (2D Mill, 3D Mill, 4 and 5 Axis Mill, Lathe, Solids) ready when the software is released. The more specialized books (Router, Wire, Indexing, etc.) will be released shortly afterwards.

You better hustle .. that's looking like next Monday :laughing: