Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

MCamForSW2017 older 2D wireframe toolpaths?

Jperry1

We currently have both stand alone and for Solidworks versions of 2017 running. A very common tool path for us to use on our imported solid works models are 2D sweep or Ruled in the standalone version. We have undercuts on our molds that we sweep with various dovetail end mills, usually by creating various wire frame geometry to create the final profile needed. In the for Solidworks version I cant seem to locate any of the older 2D wire frame tool paths. If these have been replaced by some dynamic tool paths, what would they be.

I have always used MC4SW, never the stand alone version. There have been many suggestions on this informative forum where someone might say, " Oh, that is a perfect case for 2d Swept or Ruled". Since it might be something similar to what I am working on, I say " sweet, problem solved". I go to my MC4SW and breathe a big sigh as the version I am using doesn't support those tool paths. :no Oh well, back to the drawing board to figure another way of doing it.

LeoC