Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Question about using Productivity Plus with Okuma OSP200M control

jimspac

I am looking into getting the Productivity plus for Mastercam to eliminate the hand coding we do to use our Renishaw probe in our Okuma Millac horizontal with OSP-P200M control. As near as I can tell we call up pmod cycles for the probe and are not calling up subs like in Fanuc environment. Do we need anything to made the Mastercam package to work  for us or is the scenario a nogo?

• Like 1

Thank you. I have asked another programmer about this and his reply was " Why do you want the company to spend that kind of money? Why don't you hand code it?" He is somewhat anti Mastercam as he is a very talented macro variable programmer. I have had training from Renishaw on Mazak controls and that was essentially Fanuc structure. I find learning the OSP structure somewhat painful as I am working with an Okuma manual that has no structured tutorials that I can teach myself with effectively as there is hardly any open time in the Okuma as it is the busiest mill in the plant. I feel hands on is important learning machine related tasks.