Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Yasda PX30i vs Mam 72-35V

Anyone ran a Yasda PX30i yet? I know they are limited in their sales but the machines look rock solid.

I have standalone 5 axis machines (2 Quaser and 1 Grob G350) and need a lights out production machine. Tired of working my life away at 7 days a week.

About a day or so away from pulling the trigger and leaning towards the Yasda because I know the local support VERY well.

• Like 1

I have no first hand experience with either machine.

Yasda makes first class machines, and if I needed the pinnacle of machine tool accuracy, they would be on my short list.

The thing that I find most worrisome about the Yasda is the pallet to clamp interface inside the machine. It does not look like a reliable 'lights out" system. I wouldn't be surprised if it is more accurate than the Matsuura system, but I see potential uptime problems with it.

Lights out machining is quite different than manned machining. Millions of little things you take for granted having an operator bite you on the @ss in lights out machining. Chip and coolant control are some of the biggest and most easily over looked issues. IMO, having a big matrix and amortizing tool usage across multiple jobs is easier to manage than the finer points of managing chip and coolant control on high MRR jobs that run 20+hrs un attended.

Matsuura made the grandaddy to the 35v, called the 1vs back in 91. So they have been building on a robust and proven foundation for 25 years. A lot of shops that have these machines have 3 or more of them, and for good reason.

• Like 2

Interface on the yasda is system 3r matrix 185. Far more accurate than the capto on the matsuura. More robust in my opinion. Much larger clamping diameter. I'd trust using the whole working envelope on the yasda. Not the matsuura on the little c6 connection. I've seen a 11 inch long steel part be machined on the matsuura and it was slow and sketchy at best at the extents of its working diameter. Reason I've not looked seriously at it. We've talked about it.

System 3r has been making quick change work holding forever. Matrix 185 and pc210 from Erowa will be the standards in this size working envelope in my opinion. If you can wait the new makino da300 will be a real interesting platform. To be introduced at imts.

From what I know, it's not really a fair comparison between the two. If Matsuura still made the MAM72-42V, that would be a much better comparison as the working surface and envelope between the px30i  and the MCM72-42V are more comparable. The Yasda would still beat the Matsuura X and Z envelope though. Yasda at 650 x 560 x 560 vs. Matsuura 520 x 730 x 510 (X, Y, and Z respectively). So, you need to figure out what your anticipated work envelope needs to be then decide from there what is going to be a better fit. I can't recommend one over the other without knowing what you want to put in it.

Bottom line IMHO, BOTH builders have embraced who they are and make no compromises unlike SO MANY of their Japanese :cough: counterparts :cough: . They are not trying to be all things to all people, they build machining centers and that's it. They both build some of the finest machine tools on the planet and both would serve you and your company well for a couple generations at least.

The CAPTO C6 with 130mm Pallet Diameter connection is fine for the work envelope of the 35V, but it's apples to oranges when comparing most likely 4 connection points and a square 300mm pallet to it. Just not a reasonable comparison that and all other things considered IMHO.

One other thing to consider is support. Both of those machines are High End. Local Service and Applications Engineering support would be critical to the success of the machine. AE's that KNOW 5-Axis. Know the functions, what they do, how they work, when to use which ones, etc... All critical things to consider.

Interface on the yasda is system 3r matrix 185. Far more accurate than the capto on the matsuura. More robust in my opinion. Much larger clamping diameter. I'd trust using the whole working envelope on the yasda. Not the matsuura on the little c6 connection. I've seen a 11 inch long steel part be machined on the matsuura and it was slow and sketchy at best at the extents of its working diameter. Reason I've not looked seriously at it. We've talked about it.

I've seen Ti parts that nearly filled the 35V envelope with no issues whatsoever so... there's WAY too many factors involved to just make a blanket statement like that.

JM2CFWIW

Musta been looking at the H... Yasda's site doesn't have the Px...

I'll have to dig it up.

Found some dirt on Makino's 1st attempt at competing against the MAM72-35V... :rofl: I will say it's a much better attempt than Mori's POS NMV-3000. But with only being able to get to within 100mm of center... not a great effort. I would have expected more from Makino.