Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

video card

LEV

My old computer had a 880GTX and it was ok until i upgrade to mill level 3 and use HST toolpath, i don't even want to try solidworks on it 

my new one have a Quadro K600 and it's much better and faster 

The 880GTX cards were nothing special IMO. 

I had a 580 doing level 3 and HST paths with almost no issues, now I have a GTX980 and it rocks Mastercam.

All of this of course depends on your file size, most of mine are usually a lot smaller than most of you people on here. 

The 880GTX cards were nothing special IMO. 

I had a 580 doing level 3 and HST paths with almost no issues, now I have a GTX980 and it rocks Mastercam.

All of this of course depends on your file size, most of mine are usually a lot smaller than most of you people on here. 

And that's why recommending, without knowing what the user does or what the user may do in the future, a gaming card is never a good idea....do they work, they can but....

:)

Think about it like this......guy gets a gaming card, works wonderful for his 2D and very light 3D machining......6 months later, a new project, now his system chokes.......

It's always better to get something more powerful than you need now so that if you later need the power you have it....that doesn't mean you need a $4k card...but a $600 card instead of a $150 card can save you tons of headaches.....

JM2C YMMV

GTX absolutely smokes Quadra in verify, in my experience.

I have never done anything that "required" a Quadro. Including 8' x 6' x 4' surface-structures using full  5axis.

I'm just ignorant; never seen a difference.

yes i have to admit that the 880 is way better than the k600 to run verify

GTX absolutely smokes Quadra in verify, in my experience.

I have never done anything that "required" a Quadro. Including 8' x 6' x 4' surface-structures using full  5axis.

I'm just ignorant; never seen a difference.

I'm pretty sure where you would see a difference is with the higher end Quadro cards $2k and up.

I'd love it if someone had the resources to run a test between the GTX980 and a Quadro K5200   :cheers: