Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Large Magazines... Resident Tooling methodology

Makes me wish I could get a Siemens control in this type of machine (and budget.... and no a cublex isnt in the budget). I have 3 Siemens controls in the shop and really prefer them to Fanuc but alas.... Fanuc is what I'm buying.

I used to like the Siemens controller...but right now if someone tried to give me one of those fvcking 840Di's they put on a matsuura I would laugh at them. What happened there was Yaskawa & Siemens got together and made a nice control. Yaskawa got pissed and left siemens holding the bag. No parts (Yaskawa drives, motors, ect) have been made for them since I don't know when. Yaskawa won't make them, won't support them, won't have anything to do with them. siemens support is questionable already, throw in that hybrid control and you are pretty well fvcked. I got to deal with 4 of the fvcking things. xxxxty part is mechanically the machines are top notch. That controller, now that they have a few years on them, are the most unreliable in our shop. If a drive goes bad, you pray that siemens has one in stock...otherwise its shipped back to Germany for repairs which can take 6 weeks minimum. /end rant

I do have a feeling that if it were a "pure" siemens control (drives, motors, ect) I would have a different opinion.

I used to like the Siemens controller...but right now if someone tried to give me one of those fvcking 840Di's they put on a matsuura I would laugh at them. What happened there was Yaskawa & Siemens got together and made a nice control. Yaskawa got pissed and left siemens holding the bag. No parts (Yaskawa drives, motors, ect) have been made for them since I don't know when. Yaskawa won't make them, won't support them, won't have anything to do with them. siemens support is questionable already, throw in that hybrid control and you are pretty well fvcked. I got to deal with 4 of the fvcking things. xxxxty part is mechanically the machines are top notch. That controller, now that they have a few years on them, are the most unreliable in our shop. If a drive goes bad, you pray that siemens has one in stock...otherwise its shipped back to Germany for repairs which can take 6 weeks minimum. /end rant

I do have a feeling that if it were a "pure" siemens control (drives, motors, ect) I would have a different opinion.

That isn't Siemens fault, Matsuura didn't want to go full Siemens (drives, servoes etc) and now the people that bought those machines are stuck with poor support. I've heard quite a few horror stories about the Siemens Matsuura's, they should have never done any sort of hyrbid motion system, their old pure Yaskawa systems were kick xxxx and their pure Fanuc systems are great too.

I just gotta vent about the daymn things every now & then. I am the guy who gets to try to fix them when things go wrong. Mechanically, you would be hard pressed to find better machines. At least Matsuura wised up & quit using them on their cublex's. If you ever see a screaming deal on a used cublex you know why. Imagine being on a production run and a drive goes bad that takes 6 weeks to repair. That's the kind of sh!t that causes contracts to be lost....or worse.