Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

10.000LINE NUMBERS

Lathe-Mill

If this happen only this time specifically, you may use the advice above, but if you want avoid this step in next time, change or put the variable below in your post:

seqmax : 9999 # Max. sequence no. - change for the number that your machine support! tongue.gif

Hope that help.

[ 01-15-2004, 08:39 AM: Message edited by: CAMFUN ]

+1 to James! That is exactly what I did for my Fadal post (for my 3016L). If you don't and the numbers roll over in your posted program, the mill won't correctly interpret how to "start-over" when you try to begin machining again in mid-program. You can end up with some very hosed-up moves when the line numbers repeat.

Absolutely true Millman on letting the Fadal do the numbering! However, I generally keep mine numbered in the NC file so that I can quickly flip back and forth between machine and posted code - I get easily confused otherwise. biggrin.gif With 4 megs in my mill, I haven't had to DNC anything in a very long time...... Which is just as well, since my RS232 line is a bit long for supporting a fast DNC feed. On my circa 2001 mill, I have not had a problem with up to 76,856 lines (biggest non-DNC program I have run on this mill).

I believe that Iskander is referring to SECTION.dll. If you use the "alt" + "C" button while in MasterCam, a screen of available C-hooks will show up. SECTION.dll is just one of many very handy "tools" that are available.

If you look in your MasterCam directory under the "CHOOKS" directory, you will find a whole series of *.DOC and *.TXT files that explain the usage of the various Chook files - VERY neat stuff in here. Some of the really handy ones have a habit of being incorporated directly into MasterCam!

I don`t have Mastercam near my reach ,my room looks like after thunder with a couiple of computers on the table ,motherboards ,cabling ,hdd`s and so I answer as I remember it .

LIke Gary said before use info in section.doc file and info in Mastercam help/c-hooks/Section .

It is simple and nice C-hook that separates original NCI file to parts ,so you will have instead of one mypart.nci mypart1.nc1,mypart2.nc1 and so on which you can use to post to the different programs .

You will get start section and end section of your progam like in real program.

Worked nice 4 me and my old machine ,but I don`t use it a lot ,only used it 2-3 times cause this is reserve machine not for a complex stuff ,on my main machine I am not limitied in program size at all .

I use to read /C-hook directory/*.doc files you can find a lot of interesting info 4 urself !