Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

HSMAdvisor questions

Codeworx

I should probably post this on HSMAdvisor web page, but I didn't want to create yet another forum account...

This product seems like a valuable tool, and a huge time saver, I know it gets a lot of praise from some regulars on this forum. And I have no problems buying a seat from Edgar to support his product.

I have generally always started with manufacturers Recommended values(max) and adjust accordingly based on experience/machine/material/fixture. This product seems like it will help me narrow down final values with less on machine testing.

I understand the concept, but my questions are with the functionality/use.

Do you start with Manufacturers Recommended Cutting conditions and play with the sliders to define optimal cut? Or just define the cut/material/machine and go with what the software creates for Speed/feed?

How well does this product perform with High performance solid carbide? There is a huge variety of technology behind different manufacturers ideas of a HP solid. Hitachi/OSG, have some crazy good endmills that I have never found a comparable for in performance/life.

TYIA

I use it quite regularly in what you have commented on and have no problems using what it recommends. Had a job where Voluemill through Helical was calling out 1300 SFM on some hard metal and HSMadvisor on the same material went where I thought it should at 250 sfm. Been real nice to run the tool at 1300 sfm and cut a 27 hour roughing cycle down to 3 hours, but I will go with what HSMadvisor recommends and see the 40% reduction we have been looking at so far. Once we prove this process is a good direction then we are going to start to push it up until we see what the cost of tooling verse the reduction in run time balances out to.

I use it quite regularly in what you have commented on and have no problems using what it recommends. Had a job where Voluemill through Helical was calling out 1300 SFM on some hard metal and HSMadvisor on the same material went where I thought it should at 250 sfm. Been real nice to run the tool at 1300 sfm and cut a 27 hour roughing cycle down to 3 hours, but I will go with what HSMadvisor recommends and see the 40% reduction we have been looking at so far. Once we prove this process is a good direction then we are going to start to push it up until we see what the cost of tooling verse the reduction in run time balances out to.

Thanks for the input Ron

When you are using HSMA are you just inputting the Machine, tool, Cut Data, maybe tweaking sliders and going with Recommended speeds/feeds?

I find I waste more time looking up "recommended specs" and adjusting from there, then I do actually programming.