Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Last tool

Hello,

i use the master Gcode Post and i have a question with loading the next tool. For example:

I use 3 tools T10, T13 and T19.

Gcode looks like:

T10

M6

T13

T13

M6

T19

T19

M6 <- last toolchange

T10 <-- preloads the first tool. Here is the thing i want to change. With the last toolchange i always want to preload "T1". Ist there a possibility to realizie that?

Thank you very much for your support.

Nico

• Like 1

I think i got it:

if toolcount = tooltotal, next_tool$ = 1 #added this line
      pbld, next_tool$, e$

can anyone tell me if there could occur some problems? I have tested it with cal tools multiple times in a programm. That worked

Thank you

Nico

Looks good, but you did what any of us would do and that is test. Keep on eye on it for a while, but normally if you testis a couple different ways and you see no issue then you are good to go. Exceptions do happen like anything, but good job and thanks for taking the time to share your results.

Hello everyone,

i had to improve it because there were several issues with the solution, espacially when calling null toolchange with the last tool.

so i modified the code a little bit:

if AnzahlWerkzeugwechsel >= tcnt & next_tool$ = first_tool$, next_tool$ = 1
      pbld, next_tool$, e$

Im from Germany so i made a "german" variable AnzahlWerkzeugwechsel. It increments after each M6. It is compared with "tcnt" which is filled while buffering the tooltable i think.

I hope this might help you as well if you have trouble with the previous solution.

Nico