Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Z axis neglect on Mori NH series?

Can't find it on the control or in the manual. Do the NH series horizontals even have this function? Have a NH6300 we use for a lot of precision hole drilling, and if we have any issues mid cycle, need some way to skip specific holes so they don't get drilled twice after a reset. Usually I end up just block deleting and adding in extra start/safe lines, but that's a pain.

In the 1980's (gasp),  I used to run a G&L machining center that had a hole skip button on the pendant.  Great feature, just push the button when the spindle was at an existing hole and it would skip it and go to the next one.   Nowadays,  I edit the program lines with an "L0", which means don't drill at this position.  Just remember to remove all the L0's afterwards! 

20 hours ago, Foghorn Leghorn said:

I would NOT use the Z-Axis neglect option. This has DANGER WILL ROBINSON written all over it. 

Use GOTO or block skip. Block skip being my favorite of the two.

I could be wrong but from what I recall, using the Z neglect you MUST home it out afterwards because it will still think it's at the same Z value as when you turned on Z neglect.

I used it back in the day on an old Takumi-Seiki Fanuc 0M and I found out the hard way. :P

I could be wrong but from what I recall, using the Z neglect you MUST home it out afterwards because it will still think it's at the same Z value as when you turned on Z neglect.

Yes. Cool function but very dicey if you're not sure what you're doing. This is one of those situation where having multiple block skips comes in handy.

Mike

On other machines that have it we just leave the machine at Z0 with axis neglect on until the program gets to where we need to drill then turn it off. I have an operator I (mostly) trust to use it, and I just don't want to have to take the time to edit in the goto and block skip lines some days. Sometimes I'm neck deep in other stuff and don't have time to disengage and edit a program for a single cycle. Kind of a moot point at the moment though, the machine in question is down for repairs for a while. Pallet clamp quit functioning. Might have something to do with the fact that maintenance and the operators don't clear chips often enough...

:unsure: