Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Cimco Keyfile location

jeff

Somehow my license for Cimco expires in 30 days and I'm trying to point Cimco in the location of my license key. 

I currently have Cimco 8, but in 2017, the editor is V7.  No matter what version I point it to, it doesn't update.

This is the message I get when selecting my V7 keyfile:

Capture.JPG

And if I select YES, it searches endlessly then tells me it couldn't contact Cimco's servers. :rant:

10 minutes ago, Jay Kramer @ Precision Programming said:

Watcher you are correct but he may have a OEM upgrade of V8 unless this from 2018 beta. We are working on that issue as of right now.

As mentioned in the other similar thread, 2018 Beta was shipped with temp keys. The dialog box above is clear that temp keys are not converted. 

Like you said, if it is a OEM key, an investigation needs to be done.

1 hour ago, Jay Kramer @ Precision Programming said:

Watcher you are correct but he may have a OEM upgrade of V8 unless this from 2018 beta. We are working on that issue as of right now.

I have whatever came with Mastercam.  I didn't purchase anything directly from Cimco.  

As you mentioned above, I think it's part of that temp license issue.

Thanks!

Try renaming all cimcoedit.exe on your hdd except a working version you want to use. You will find the cimcoedit.exe in every version install of mastercam C:\programfiles\mastercamversion\common\editors\cimcoedit

This is a Windows association issue, and partially cimco fault for using the same executable name from version to version.

3 hours ago, Codeworx said:

Try renaming all cimcoedit.exe on your hdd except a working version you want to use. You will find the cimcoedit.exe in every version install of mastercam C:\programfiles\mastercamversion\common\editors\cimcoedit

This is a Windows association issue, and partially cimco fault for using the same executable name from version to version.

Codworx this fix is when you are running a standalone Cimco Editor and want to make it a default when you have a few installs of Mastercam versions.
You may have seen a video about this on youTube.

17 minutes ago, Jay Kramer @ Precision Programming said:

Codworx this fix is when you are running a standalone Cimco Editor and want to make it a default when you have a few installs of Mastercam versions.
You may have seen a video about this on youTube.

Not just for standalone, if you have a mastercam user who prefers a specific version of cimco this works also. I had no idea there was a video, just experience installing hundreds of cimco and mastercam. But for future I will email a link to the video.

On 4/21/2017 at 2:49 PM, Codeworx said:

Not just for standalone, if you have a mastercam user who prefers a specific version of cimco this works also. I had no idea there was a video, just experience installing hundreds of cimco and mastercam. But for future I will email a link to the video.

Are you a Cimco re-seller by chance?

34 minutes ago, Jay Kramer @ Precision Programming said:

Are you a Cimco re-seller by chance?

I worked for In-House for a number of years, a lot of Cimco was sold in the territory I covered so I was the "cimco guy" within the company as I had the most experience with it. I still install/Service Cimco but I pass the sales back to In-House, I bill the service/hardware, they collect on the software.

3 hours ago, Codeworx said:

I worked for In-House for a number of years, a lot of Cimco was sold in the territory I covered so I was the "cimco guy" within the company as I had the most experience with it. I still install/Service Cimco but I pass the sales back to In-House, I bill the service/hardware, they collect on the software.

So you are now a outside installer for them. good to know. Do you install most of our products?

1 hour ago, Jay Kramer @ Precision Programming said:

So you are now a outside installer for them. good to know. Do you install most of our products?

I am not a subcontractor for Inhouse, I don't sell enough licenses a year to justify being a re-seller. I trade my sales commission in for beer from the sales guy, and make my money on the install/hardware/service. 

I have done all the products, but no installs on MDM (I have done PDM just not since re-badging) and have done a few MDC installs.

17 hours ago, Codeworx said:

I am not a subcontractor for Inhouse, I don't sell enough licenses a year to justify being a re-seller. I trade my sales commission in for beer from the sales guy, and make my money on the install/hardware/service. 

I have done all the products, but no installs on MDM (I have done PDM just not since re-badging) and have done a few MDC installs.

Sounds good that for your help with the installs. that right there can be a tough job at times. The changes for setting up from PDM to MDM are much better then before. still a strong product that need more floor time on the US side.
Thanks for the connection on Linkedin.