Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

CIMCO EDIT/DRIP FEED

RStuart

Hello everyone.Haven't been on here in a while.Was in an accident on New Years of all days. Just got back to work. I hope you all enjoyed your holidays.

I have done a search for this but can't seem to find the info I am looking for. I am using Cimco Edit at the moment to transfer programs from my PC to an Okuma OSP5020M control at the moment.Works fine as long as the programs are relatively short. I am not familiar with drip feeding at all. Is CIMCO Edit capable of this? Any help would be nice.Thanks guys.

Although I have used drip feed only a few times,it does work with the cimco software.

I used it in a laptop to feed to a fanuc controlled machine.

And if I remember correctly,I didn't have to make any changes to the cimco,but had to run machine in "tape" mode.

Not sure for a okuma.

I did have to adjust some buffer sliders in the laptop to keep from buffer overflow.

hth wink.gif

If your fifo buffers are turned off then it is not pc. Need to check what the flow control settings are on the machine. It may have no flow control setup, which would allow small programs to go in to machine. Also just to make sure, you are going to "tape/dnc" mode? Had to ask.

Check your cimco settings to make sure you have flow control set there. I think it should be set on software handshaking, but is not always case with okuma.

I was curious if you have tried OKDNC. It should have come with your machine. It is specifically written for the OSP controls by FMS Technology. Personally, I think it works great. If you have not tried it and are interested you should talk to your Okuma dealer. Or, if you want, I can get you FMS's phone number.