Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Cimco on PC Based Controls

Orvie

In our efforts to go paperless on the shop floor, we have installed Cimco V8 on all of our Okuma Controls.

Most of my machines are running Windows XP & that was a problem for installing the latest version of Cimco.

Cimco V8 does not support XP.   Well, it didn't.

After visiting with Jayson and the folks at Cimco during the most recent IMTS, I explained what I wanted to do, & they provided an update that allowed V8 to be installed on a pc running XP.

Now my operators have setup sheets, prints, edit & backplot capabilities right at the machines.

Many thanks to Jayson, ShopWare, & Cimco!   My operators are very happy with this.

I was recently at Methods Machine in Boston checking out a Nakamura Tome.  They have Windows 8 64 bit on top of their Fanuc controls. I just happened to have a Mastercam Machine Sim presentation.exe on my thumb drive so I opened it up on the control and it worked great.

I know Naks have their own simulation, but I thought this was added value for the operator.

setup sheets.jpg

cimco osp.jpg

NAK.jpg

• Like 1

We've run CimcoEdit7 on our Okuma MU-1000H since day 1

Our files run 30 to 40 meg and Notepad does not like that.

When we upgraded our net license to Cimco8 it broke CimcoEdit7 on the Okuma

Cimco8 would not install because the Okuma runs  WinXP

Jay really came through for us.

He got us a temporary Cimco7 license for the Okuma right away, then sent us a development copy of Cimco8 that runs on XP. 

Now Cimco8 formally supports XP so it's no longer an issue.

• Like 2

Gentlemen, Just wanted to thank you for the great follow up postings. I have captured this and sent a note of to the CIMCO President and development team along with the CEO of the US team and team member's to see.

Glad this all worked out for you folks.

Thank you from one of the US team Members to you both.

• Like 1