Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

SCRAPED AT PART FROM MISC REALS NOT TAKING i THINK

5 axis positioning.  Haas vf3 with a trunnion.  Before posting I selected misc int. (keep A axis in positive, move B instead) using the "edited common params" function, .  I ran, saw some needed changes, made some edits, re-posted but then when positioning the Axis went negative instead of moving B.  The endmill hit my part. When using the edit common params do I have to make my edits every time I post?  I also turn coolant on with edit common params and I swear if I dont edit common params every time I post the coolant will turn off.  Anyone else noticed this?

Is that setting something you use often? If so >>> Make it the "Post Default", and make sure your Operations are set to "Use Post Defaults" as the "default setting".

You can edit the "default" Misc Values either inside the Control Definition, or at the bottom of your Post Processor itself. (The default strings/values are stored at the bottom of the Post.)

When ever you change a Misc real it's a good idea to regen the toolpath even if the op isn't dirty

and you need to review the results of that particular Misc edit.. because sometimes the post just can't do what you want it to.

It is an unfortunate situation that can occur, when using misc values for controlling machine coordinate ouputs. I agree with everyone here, in that you should regen to ensure the values take.

I've been burnt a number of times, and so much so, that I avoid using misc values wherever I can. Unfortunately, sometimes it is unavoidable.