Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Stock Model operation

Brad Lisle

In 2018 is there a limit as to how many Stock Models you can have? I cannot get the 7th one to regenerate. I have regen every operation prior to that operation and it still stays dirty. I even tried adding a simple contour path and Stock Model right after the last one that regenerated and it would not work either.

Any Ideas?

Is there a centerdrill in use?

If so, try without it.

If not, I usually go through a group of ops at a time to isolate it and see if it will or needs to be left out

Edited by Guest

Open up the Verify Options and see if all the stock models show up. If they don't you have a dirty stock model even thought it is not marked dirty in the operations manager. Other thing is save the stock model to a level as a Pmesh and then pick that Pmesh as your model for the operation. To break the source operation you need to use the crtl key and pick a different operation then unpick all the other operations. Then use the ctrl key to unpick that operation. Now you have no source operations and nothing will dirty the operation again. (Thanks to Ben K for that tip). I have seen this issue on the more involved programs that have many stock models. Need to break the chain and doing it this was is some work up front, but in the long run saves so much time not having to fight issues like you are fighting now.

This one has been around since X9 and I was able to open a 2017 file in 2018 this was going on with and it came in dirty. I am not into 2018 fully yet to see if it handles it better than previous versions. Since it not on most peoples Radar I suspect it has carried over hopefully I am wrong and something else is going on.

• Like 1

Well, I think I found the issue. There was no weird tools and all of the operations were regenerated. I made triple sure of that, I even selected each operation individually in order and regenerated and made sure any and all links to previous stock models were in tack. Well apparently, It does not like a stock model after a few operations that does not reference the previous stock model. I deleted the previous stock model and kept the one at the end and it regenerated just fine. I will need to see if I can duplicate the issue when I have more time later (never) to send it into support.

14 hours ago, C^Millman said:

Other thing is save the stock model to a level as a Pmesh and then pick that Pmesh as your model for the operation.

This is brilliant, whenever I ran into stock model issues I always reverted to "save as stl", then reference the STL file. Basicaly the same thing but I hate having outside files referenced and this solves the issue.