Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Jump Move with Circle Mill Toolpath?

Bill H

I have a Circle Mill Toolpath in which eight points are chained.  Between two of the points I need to jump over a clamp.  How can I accomplish this?  The 'Change at Point' option isn't available when I right click the point in the Drill Point Manager.

If you right click on the toolpath...Toolpath Editor should be an option.....

You can use that to go through the path, find the points you want to jump, move, then come down and edit them

or

Just break it down as 2 separate paths

Edited by Guest

Here are the steps if needed

kRXAYlo.png

EQ7v92N.png

RgYWdtj.png

vuil6oM.png

fBL1zOD.png

TP_EDIT_06_zpskghgx5fq.png

3j8o85k.png

Here is the file it was done in...it is in version 2018

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gis1uoa561vtjii/Jump Height.mcam?dl=0

After the OP is edited, it will be locked.....if any regeneration is needed of that OP is needed, you WILL have to again do the edits....so try to make sure you don't need to go into the operation again....but if you do and it is regenerated, remember, the changes are lost and need to be done again.

If you muff it up and change the wrong things...just click out and regen the OP, then start over

Once you have done it a few times the process is fairly easy. 

HTH

Edited by Guest
On Sunday, June 04, 2017 at 11:02 AM, Colin Gilchrist said:

JP's method is the one I use often, but I would also recommend his other suggestion: break the OP into two OPs. That way you don't have to worry if you come back to the file in a couple years, and need to Regen the OP. Otherwise you might forget that the Jump needs to be made...

When I make an operation edit I add a manual entry after the edited operation, make a notation as to what I changed along with the location and then ghost out the manual entry.

• Like 1
On 6/6/2017 at 9:16 AM, Tim Johnson said:

When I make an operation edit I add a manual entry after the edited operation, make a notation as to what I changed along with the location and then ghost out the manual entry.

If it risks a crash... I'll usually add an M00 in a manual entry before the op with a comment to check code before proceeding with a comment as to why.

If its just deleting a point or something to eliminate an extra move for cycle time, I don't worry about it and move on.