Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Okuma Multus U4000

We currently check for a bigger lathe so im vallomg the okuma guru of this forum, i now a lot but im limited to 4 axis milling and lathes with sub and c-axis 

2 are on our list to get the job done, a very large LU45 + a large milling or a multi task lathe 

We own mainly Okumas here and the Multus u4000 is about the seize and specs that we need.

Anybody here can give me some advise on theese machines, the closest we own to a multus is a Captain 370mw.

5 axis machining will be a totaly new market for us 

Does Mastercam can handle the 5axis + lower turret + sub spindle at the same time without hand editing 75% of the program ???? 

Tanks 

Hey Goldorak,

If you end up purchasing a mp based post (not MT) You would control the lower & upper turret via an axis combination.  This machine would come with 4 Axis combinations.  Upper/left (upper turret cutting at main spindle), Upper Right (upper turret cutting at the sub spindle), Lower/Left (lower turret cutting at the main spindle) and Lower/Right (Lower turret cutting at the sub spindle).

In-House Solutions has a post for this machine available.  If you contact your resller ask them to contact [email protected] for a quote.

• Like 1

Chris, I tracked them using a string process you could go about 99 deep and have no issues. You could override them using mi and mr if you wanted to. It would have been around 2007 or 08. I could dig up that post if you would like to take a look. It is crude, but it did a decent job.

26 minutes ago, C^Millman said:

Chris, I tracked them using a string process you could go about 99 deep and have no issues. You could override them using mi and mr if you wanted to. It would have been around 2007 or 08. I could dig up that post if you would like to take a look. It is crude, but it did a decent job.

I would love to see that. You know, just to drool over.