Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Setup sheet .SET

Andy

Recently my .set file does not post correctly.

I usually choose rt mouse in ops and options/setup sheet ok, ok.

Then it acts like it is going to save a .doc file but actually saves a .ncs file

In any case the su sheet is not like I expect.

In order to get the su sheet correct, in ops I choose post/change pst to the set file / then finish posting and get a perfect setup sheet.

I would like to continue making the su sheet the first way (quicker)

Anyone know whats up.

Thanks

No new patches, updates. The output looks like the same .set, only there are no headings, and the body is slightly different.

In config it is still set for .set.

Im the only one who uses the computer. Im the only one here and the cfg has not been messed with.

The confusing thing to me is that the two different ways I generate the set up sheet come out different, in spite of using the same .set file. ie:

1. operations/rt mouse/options/setup sheet.

produces the screwed up sheet.

2. operations/post/change post to .set/ok/ok/ok..

produces a perfect as expected sheet.

???? What is the difference in these two methods?

Well I guess I would ask do you have more than one version of Mcam on the computer. If you by chance have a Mcam91 and a Mcam9 then I have seen where the Mcam91 will go back to the Mcam9 to get info for posting and also for set information. Or if you have more than one Session of Mastercam up I have seen soem weird things happen when trying to find defaluts and things also.

Only one version of mc. Also, I checked path, it is the same.

Interesting, When I create sheet from ops/options/su sheet(case 1) I end up with a .doc file.

When I create it with ops/post/change to .set/ok (case 2)

I end up with a .ncs file and its perfect.

Why? and what is a .ncs and why a .doc the other way?

Im still using 9.1 no upgrades.

Afraid to change anything, everything works perfect......except maybe set.

However, I just realized, after checking old files, that this has been going on for 1.5 years (I was thinking of lathe).

So, maybe this started when I installed 91????

If so, what does this dummy do now? Sorry I didnt realize this earlier. Gettin old.

Andy

What is the .set situation in initial 91???

Andy,

If you are using V9.1 there was a bug where the NCI was being created incorrectly (missing start of file NCI code 1001).

Altering .SET type Setup Sheet generators for use with Mill/Router v9.1

(Note that is issue does not affect v9.1SP1 !)

Issue:

This issue in Mastercam Mill / Router v9.1 occurs when creating the ASCII NCI file by any method other than using the Post button on the Operation Manager dialog.

This will produce errors with the standard Mastercam .SET post-style Setup Sheets.

1. The Start of File toolchange (1001) is not created in the NCI file.

2. Null toolchange (1000) NCI codes that appear between toolpaths with multiple depth or multiple passes enabled are output as (1002) toolchanges.

We added a work around to MP v9.12 to address this problem until it was fixed in Mastercam, which it is in the service pack release.

You can contact your local Mastercam Resseler and get an updated version of MP.DLL, use the SP release or just make sure your NCI is created using the Post Dialog and DO NOT allow the other methods to create it.