Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Ever heard of this control?

chad fisher

I have yet to contact out dealer on this but has anyone heard of a Sony Nu20-20/30 control.

I am looking for a post, our 9.2 disc didnt have anything on it about this control. Since this machine is in a secured area at our location and i dont have access i have no idea what will work.

Anyone have a clue?

Thanks........Chad

Chad, the only Sony control I've ever seen was on a Bridgeport and it was a totally bass-ackwards control. I hope this ain't what your dealing with. Do you have some sample code? I'd send the particulars to your reseller, In-House, CNC, whoever because I don't think that's a real popular unit.

C

See thats the problem this area is secured, info may go in but it sure doesnt go out of the area. Just to get these guys to update to version 9.2 takes an act of god. So i am just playing middle man for our technician's. As far as i know these are just a "prototrac" knockoff. There is two of them, one is three axis, other is two axis.

I will try to contact our reseller, i was just trying to find out if anyone has experience with control.

Thanks guys.

POS it is, when they unloaded it last year, the reseller came in and did a ball bar test. Mind you that this thing is "new" and it only could cut a circle with .008

I feel for our guys that have to hold a tolerence on it. What was really funny is our older senior tech who was the one that opted to purchase it said it would be better than our haas's we have. cuckoo.gifcuckoo.gif