Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

SolidWorks 2004 Direct is available

J Coulston

Let me clarify.

I can create CAT.MC9 with Mastercam not running by pushing the SW direct button in SW with the model CAT.SLDPRT active in SW, right? The SW direct button will open MC and CAT.MC9 will be created with the SW tree.

I can open MC with SW not running and do File/Converters/read CAT.SLDPRT to create CAT.MC9.

Will both CAT.MC9 be the same via both methods of creation?

when you install the swdirect on a pc with sw, it adds a drop-down menu for 'mastercamdirect'. you may need to turn it on under 'tools-addins'. there you can launch the file into MC or do the 'File save'.

in MC, to read the SBF file, access the chooks and run 'mcdirect'. the swdirect also needs to have been installed on the MC station.

. . . and you get a solid with the feature tree.

I just used this MC Direct and only got a very small amount of the "feature tree" from Solid Works (2004sp2.1). cuckoo.gif Not enough to "jump for joy". curse.gif

It would be great to be able to access the "feature tree" in MC without having to go back and forth suppressing and unsuppressing, and/or making on-the-fly engineering to programming changes. banghead.gif

Hey, who knows, maybe I did something wrong. cuckoo.gif

Code_Breaker

cheers.gif

Codebreaker,

Got a file I can look at which only brings "a few" features across to Mastercam? We know there are things we can't support yet (so we'll turn the model up to that point into a 'brick'), but a lot of feature types are supported.

I'd be interested to see that particular types are causing problems.

(And you could get your hands on some fixes...)

PDG