Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

O/T Vacuum Chucks

mold100

I know this was talked about not that long ago, But a searrch turned up only 2 posts and niether

were the ones I was thinking of,I may be taking on some custom emblem machining in small lot runs but I would like some info on vacuum chucking raw alum will start out 3/8 thick roughly 7x7 but there are a number of differant parts I was thinking of building a chuck for each part so I can swap them in machines.I know someone possibly rekd ? as built them before, I have never even used one.Thanks in advance. smile.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Bump

Thanks for your help guys

Rekd, The surgical mtl' where do ya get it?I will send you a file of my vac. plate someday when I have time to get it done.Just when I get started on some personal stuff work picks up headscratch.gif

I need to know how much cfm you guys recomend I am pump shopping.

• 1 year later...

spade,

what is it you want to know.

After purchasing a vacuum pump and the needed accessories, hoses, couplings, sealing material. All that's really left is to evaluate your jobs for what will work and make the required fixture.

We purchase out rubber seal from Greene Rubber, I think, I'll check when I get in tomorrow.