Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mastercam starts to loadbut wont finish

bobbymonte

Are you sure you have access to this folder?

"C:\Users\Public\Documents\shared Mcam2018"

I have moved these files to our network ... and if there is something wrong with the network, Mastecam will not launch.

The splash screen just spins a while then goes away .. no message on the screen, no entry in the log file .. no nothing .

I was getting really concerned till I figured out the problem

Thanks for the reply's

We have touchscreen Lanoves  AIO with Inter graphics. Itbrings up the full Master interface with ribbon then just spins its wheels. Since we are using them in a class right now, I just went back to the last Windows version, as I don't have time to play with it this semester. Wlii try to fix next semester. Windows 10 feature update also messed up Microsoft Outlook and One Drive.  Mastercam  Tolland CT gave me some things to try. 

Bob

I'm not sure what you mean by on board graphics.  I'm looking to get a laptop with this card Nvidia® Quadro® M2000M w/4GB GDDR5.  I'm assume it is integrated into the motherboard because it is a laptop but I think it will work well with Mastercam.  What do you guys think?  Sorry for the hijack.

1 hour ago, Justin Beebe at Folsom Tool said:

I'm not sure what you mean by on board graphics.  I'm looking to get a laptop with this card Nvidia® Quadro® M2000M w/4GB GDDR5.  I'm assume it is integrated into the motherboard because it is a laptop but I think it will work well with Mastercam.  What do you guys think?  Sorry for the hijack.

That is different it is on the board but not integrated in the CPU. The Intel Graphics stuff is part of the CPU and not a separate GPU that Nividai does. Yes on the Mother board on a Laptop, but not part of the CPU.

OK Design has been running on this computer just great with the graphic chip that is installed. It does not have a separate card as there are no plugins. The fact that it worked great before the update and not after the update says to me the hardware is working fine update was from Microsoft not from Mastercam. I know that Wintows 10 pro is recommended, but Design 2017 works just fine on 10 Home.  Design is all that we use from Mastercam. No tooling graphics.  When I backed off the Windows upgrade, now our Design is working just fine.  on Windows 10 home and the graphics hardware we have.