Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

MASTERCAM 2018 MACHINE SIMULATION

mirek1017

My HMC post is set to output a jump height upon seeing a rotation or an WCS change on the same rotation....

As that happens in the post, the simulation never sees it, so I set my paths with the jump height, run them, then set it back to my normal clearance....

You can also use Reference Points at the end of paths that you know there will be a rotation.....that can be picked up by simulation

10 minutes ago, JParis said:

Looking at that head into the table, I am left to think you have a plane definition issue

It does the same for me.

When I give it a higher Z for clearance, the head goes further into the table.

Even when using TOP.  Verify and backplot are fine, so is the posted code. It's Simulation that has the issue. 

• Like 1

That machine look familar. Look at Ref points to help you get past this issue. If it was tied to the post you wouldn't see this. Basic machine sim is still clunky on multi Axis work like this. See it from time or time on full 5 Axis work. Where linking helps, but then you have a bunch of un-needed clutter. It is an issue with machine sim plain and simple. Do each operation and you will not see it. Where a real CAV makes the difference. 

I built that machine with OD and ID jaws, you can copy that machine and make one and OD jaws setup and the other an ID jaw setup. Just would need to break the jaws out into separate jaws like I did if you want the control of their placement like I did when I built this with Axis control on each jaw. I was using this an example of show others the power of machine sim not being utilized currently. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, C^Millman said:

That machine look familar. Look at Ref points to help you get past this issue. If it was tied to the post you wouldn't see this. Basic machine sim is still clunky on multi Axis work like this. See it from time or time on full 5 Axis work. Where linking helps, but then you have a bunch of un-needed clutter. It is an issue with machine sim plain and simple. Do each operation and you will not see it. Where a real CAV makes the difference. 

:lol: