Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X+ Tool list crashing 2018

So not a Guru

I installed the latest driver, but it didn't help.

I narrowed it down to 3 drill ops, 2 spot drilling ops using the same tool & 1 peck drilling op using a different tool. I was able to fix the spot drill ops by creating a new tool, but i can't get the peck drilling op to work. I created a new tool & a new op, deleting the old one, still no dice.

I looked through a dozen pages of the pinned X+ discussion page... I don't see anyone crashing.

Any chance you can install X+ on a difference computer and test it on the same file?

Or perhaps re-download and uninstall, re-install X+?

It doesn't seem like you'd get a crash from a particular tool being used.

So strange.

7 minutes ago, Reko said:

It doesn't seem like you'd get a crash from a particular tool being used.

So strange.

Yeah, it was pretty strange. I finally got it to work by creating a new tool & changing the tool number as well.

I had imported many of the paths from a 2017 file (using the tools from the imported ops), I wonder if that is at the root of the problem.

46 minutes ago, mbk.dk said:

Change output from Tool manufactor to Tool manufactor code. That did it for me

I changed that yesterday, because I noticed it had changed from 2017. I hadn't noticed it when I was having trouble with the original file. Tool manufactor now pulls the data from that field in the tool dialog, I wonder if that field was empty for the tools I was having issues with.