Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

STL files and verify mod

David Colin

quote:

Load your file with commandbutton in verify mod just as you do with .stl. You probably noticed filter selection in "open file" form ask you to choose a .STL file only but in fact you can choose any .MC9 or .IGS. Give it a try

I just tried it with SolidWorks part file and

it worked for that also.

I've also found that using SolidWorks to create STL files sometimes fixes the waterfall effect

that occurs in Verfy.

quote:

Of course, it is. I read this in Mastercam help file. Anyway, i'm not complain about that and I'm ok to import .stl files only...

David !

Sorry ,you are absolutly right ,this is a stated feature !

It is featured in the Mastercam help .

But still I prefer Parasolid biggrin.gif

Iskander teh nice to learn something new

Jimmy,

I am using File-Converters-STL-Xform file. I am sorry but I can not put any original files on FTP server. I just had a 3 hour meeting on Friday about significance of confidentiality. Unless I will make some dummy examples I am not allowed to post any files, models.

Iskander I am sorry but I do not know any good Internet sites with Polish literature. Glad to hear you can speak Polish.

If I can hi jack this thread I would be glad if someone could help me with another problem. I am trying to learn how to program a part on tilted rotary table. My 4 axis is tilted 30 deg. I need to machine features around cylindrical part at this angle. If anyone could give me some tips I would really appreciate that. I try everything sometimes I get lucky and verification/backplot looks good but posted program is not. It is beautiful day in Calgary and I really would like to go home before is dark, smile.gif ))

Thanks in advance

Jack

Jimmy I do remember about the beer!

Iskander,

I am sorry but I really can't put this file for the public view. I wish I could.

I am not sure if Mastercam can do what I want it to do: give me G code for 4 axis machining/positioning when "A" axis is not parellal to machine "X" axis.

I am learning software on real parts and have to say it is hard to be a newbie, smile.gif )).

Thanks Iskander,

Jack