Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Need tips to keep STL file size down for verify stock models

danielm

Verify your part and save the stl out of Verify. Then use that for the stock model hands down the fastest most accurate way. If you are the only person using your files use external files, if you must share your file across the network to others then start the process using the external file to create the stock Model. Then save to Pmesh to a level. Then unlink the external file and use the Pmesh you just created. Unlink source operation as much as you can to define stock models. I may have only 3 stock model and don't worry unless it is a huge file, but I get above that and I start breaking the link to keep the regen time down. Stock models were not made with a lock ability, but doing it this way you are creating your own lock process to keep the regen times out of your daily life.

Hi daniel, This is not related to your specific question but have you ever used the Mastercam Stock Model? Saving STL files is becoming a thing of the past in my opinion with the power of Mastercams stock models. Stock models can do so much and are extremely easy and powerful. The only reason i bring this up is if you know how to work with stock models then i personally believe the stock model will ultimately be an easier and better choice  for verify, etc. 

If you already knew about stock models then great, but if not i highly encourage you to do some research or ask some questions but i personally like Stock models better than saving STL files for a variety of reasons.