Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Restmill problem...file attached this time.

danielm

Yes I have.  I really think that my problem is my lack of experience with Optirough and dynamic optirest.    I just need some tips because I cant explain why I'm getting the results that I am.  Like little patches of toolpath here and there...nothing that makes sense.  The real bitch is how many times I've waited 20 minutes for it to crunch the toolpath and all i get is xxxx.

For the detail work left in those corners you shouldn't be using Opti-Rough. I would use finishing toolpaths and just change the amount of stock to leave for each amount of stock you want to leave. I would make my finish toolpath for the area you want done. Use a boundary to isolate the area you want to finish. If you think +.03 is a good place to start then start there and work you way to the finish size. Start working down with the same tool path you copied just changing the amount of stock to leave for each one. If you have 5 axis abilities with Mastercam then you can use the Moduleworks toolpaths in 3 Axis that will respect the stock model and semi finish and finish the section respecting the stock model. Far as I know nothing in the finishing toolpaths from Mastercam respect the stock model with regards to not over engaging the tool. The module works will to a point, but you have to set the toolpath to do it.