Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Plane icon visibility

Simtech

Hi all,

Does anyone know if there is a way to turn on the different plane icons even if they are not active?

Would like to see the different icons and their positions with a visibility toggle like the Levels (active always on, others depending on the visibility status).

Thanks!

2018 - No

2019 - Some new gimmics but generally no ,  the idea  which I also share is that unless the plane in question is not your WCS or T/C plane , You should have no interest in  it.  I don't want sound rough here , but that's how I see it.  

2019 has the ability to choose several Planes at once, which is shown below. Question is , how will that help anybody ? :) . OK , I'm contradicting myself here . I say no , but the pic proves otherwise .  The notion here is : yes you can see them all at one time, but will that be helpful  ?

Gracjan

5a9fe6e9db845_2019SEVERALPLANES.thumb.png.53e49ad8c9e25bdb28f99a4716c1e298.png

51 minutes ago, pullo said:

2018 - No

2019 - Some new gimmics but generally no ,  the idea  which I also share is that unless the plane in question is not your WCS or T/C plane , You should have no interest in  it.  I don't want sound rough here , but that's how I see it.  

2019 has the ability to choose several Planes at once, which is shown below. Question is , how will that help anybody ? :) . OK , I'm contradicting myself here . I say no , but the pic proves otherwise .  The notion here is : yes you can see them all at one time, but will that be helpful  ?

Gracjan

5a9fe6e9db845_2019SEVERALPLANES.thumb.png.53e49ad8c9e25bdb28f99a4716c1e298.png

Extremely helpful when you have a project with different WCS for programming. I am one that pushed for this ability and glad we finally have it.  We have one project for a company that may have upwards or 30 different WCS for some Tombstone programming, no showing all 30 is not ideal, but showing 6-8 at a time on the step sheet is very easy in 2019 and saves tons of time making setup sheets and communication much needed information to the floor to machine the parts.

Now that 2019 is Public Beta some of these new needed features are being talked about.

like I said before , once you put it out there , there's always some crazy using it :)

I was very careful with my wording  and my rhetoric " will it be helpful?" ,  covered my back  here , as both gcode  and  cman  postings were  very valid 

Gracjan

9 hours ago, pullo said:

like I said before , once you put it out there , there's always some crazy using it :)

I was very careful with my wording  and my rhetoric " will it be helpful?" ,  covered my back  here , as both gcode  and  cman  postings were  very valid 

Gracjan

Who are you calling crazy?? Oh wait I think I know a crazy person. Give me a minute to think about whop that might be.

Oh yeah Crazy to A power Millman. :whistle:;)

gcode well that is a given. :D :D

As a matter of fact I am referring here to me calling myself "crazy" . It was a few days  either here or  on the other forum . You can always take things the wrong way or the right way . First of all there's a smiley as a give away.  If you did not take this personally you could almost understand that a "crazy" here means a person who apllies things . Or I'll put it into a more plain language "like I said before , once you put it out there , there's always some resourceful person using it .  

Gracjan

• Like 1
9 hours ago, pullo said:

As a matter of fact I am referring here to me calling myself "crazy" . It was a few days  either here or  on the other forum . You can always take things the wrong way or the right way . First of all there's a smiley as a give away.  If you did not take this personally you could almost understand that a "crazy" here means a person who apllies things . Or I'll put it into a more plain language "like I said before , once you put it out there , there's always some resourceful person using it .  

Gracjan

I like crazy better my friend and non of this stuff is personal. We are trying to help each other be better and that is the end game. ;)