Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Are MachSim machines editable?

danielm

7 minutes ago, danielm said:

Is it possible to add components to saved machines in Machine Simulator?

Thanks in advance for any help.

DM

I believe all of the generic ones included with mastercam can be edited.

First i suggest Making a backup of your existing default Machine simulation folder/files which should be located Here: C:\Users\Public\Documents\shared Mcam Version\MachineSimulation\MachSim 

Just now, JoshC said:

I believe all of the generic ones included with mastercam can be edited.

First i suggest Making a backup of your existing default Machine simulation folder/files which should be located Here: C:\Users\Public\Documents\shared Mcam Version\MachineSimulation\MachSim 

On a side note, There are Companies that Specialize in this type of work. <My company has ordered Machine simulations through both Postability and In-House solutions and they both do excellent work on Machine simulations. I am sure you can learn to do this yourself with some effort but i wanted to make you aware that there are places that specialize in this type of work if you ever decide to let experienced machine builders take on this task. Sometimes i find some things are better left to the people that do this on a daily basis but if you have a lot of these to build or have the time and ability then i expect you can certainly get it done yourself but i wanted to at least make you aware that there are places that can quote out this service. 

6 minutes ago, JoshC said:

On a side note, There are Companies that Specialize in this type of work. <My company has ordered Machine simulations through both Postability and In-House solutions and they both do excellent work on Machine simulations. I am sure you can learn to do this yourself with some effort but i wanted to make you aware that there are places that specialize in this type of work if you ever decide to let experienced machine builders take on this task. Sometimes i find some things are better left to the people that do this on a daily basis but if you have a lot of these to build or have the time and ability then i expect you can certainly get it done yourself but i wanted to at least make you aware that there are places that can quote out this service. 

Josh we use both also, but do run into those companies that are chasing pennies while throwing away $100K.

• Like 1