Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Please help with machine simulation

Tinhman

Hi guys,

Right now , Mastercam machine simulator showed my machine home at center X0Y0 and acctualy my machine home position should be on upper right corner at X7.9 Y7.16535 from center.

Is there any way we can change it and How?

Thank you in advance.

What specific problem are you running into with your home being where it is and why do you need to move it? The process will require you to move all the components and then re associated all the components to the new home position and then all the travels will need to be adjusted from that home position verses the position they are currently. Depending on the machine and number of axis it could be a 30 minute to 4 hour job.

Go to Machine Sim and copy out the folder from your machine sim folder under shared that is the machine in question into a safe place to replace should what you are about to do goes south real quick.

Then you need to open up machine sim and click on the edit machine. 

image.thumb.png.6f7baed779ffebeb4d6a777a89aa6a44.png

Then you need to go to each axis and get the values from each axis. I used Y for this example and you need to see what models make up the Y axis on machine sim. You will need to do this for every Axis.

image.thumb.png.92b508eaae34d5581cee4b143a3741e3.png

Then you will need to open in Mastercam in Metric and move everything in relation from where they were to the new home position. Then you will have to adjust everything on all the axis to make up for this new position. Then you will need to save the machine so the XML file will be updated.

I really don't think any of this is needed, but you asked so here is the process so have fun.

Disclaimer is you do any changes at your own risk and I nor 5th Axis CGI take any responsibility for said changes or can be held liable should a crash or collision occur should anyone make these changes and the results are less that desirable. In other words use at your own risk!!!!!

Thank you Mr.

I knew that I will have a hint from you and it is just a matter of time.

The reason for doing this is I just want Master Cam Machine simulation get closer with reality which sometime will help me to verify the machine travel limit in X Y Z and

I already ran into a few parts that really pushing the machine window.

May be there is a easier way to get it done but I just dont know how.

Again thank you for your help.

The Moduleworks machine simulation inculded with Mastercam does not work like a real machine.  Most 5 axis machines are programmed from the center of rotation and so machine sim comes from center of rotation.  If the free machine sim is not sufficient I would suggest, in order of cost these three options:

1.  Have your post linked to machine sim

2.  NCSimul

3.  Vericut

If you would like some help with how to stay inside your travel limits, there are several easy ways.  I suggest a template file with your machine and boundaries.  I am unfortunately an expert at this as I have to push the limits daily.

Thank you for your time gents.

I do have Vericut for every machine that we have in the shop. With 5 axis work, we start with Solidworks which we have a Master file that has everything build in such as loading limit, machine travel, spindle......etc.

In recent year, I have a feeling that Mastercam just getting better, So may be it is time to give it a shot again. Moreover, it is more convenient if  i can use Master cam machine simulation to verify my program then I dont have to go back and forth a lot between mastercam and Vericut. 

I use mach sim all the time.  For checking tool/holder clearances.  Ran it within .020in today and it cleared in the machine.  I have my posts dialed in and get post and run code so mostly I just check clearances with mach sim.  I also have NCSimul for my but it is aggravating and cumbersome so I use it only after I am completely finished with a job before sending it out.  So my work flow is mach sim for checking clearances, part orientation and what not and then NCSimul as the final say so.  Then the code goes on the server or on a thumb drive.