Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

O/T ... Not to spread fear but.....

Brent Wilkerson

offtopic.gif

Be aware of this one...

W32/Bagle.k

http://vil.nai.com/vil/content/v_101074.htm

I got this three times the morning already and it came out today according to Network Assoc.

It's very sneaky how the address and word the email.

quote:

Dear user of Fmo.com,

Your e-mail account will be disabled because of improper using in next

three days, if you are still wishing to use it, please, resign your

account information.

Advanced details can be found in attached file.

In order to read the attach you have to use the following password: 31388.

Kind regards,

The Fmo.com team "www.fmo.com"

Just thought I'd share.

I got an email this morning stating:

Some of our clients complained about the spam (negative e-mail content) outgoing from your e-mail account. Probably, you have been infected by a proxy-relay trojan server. In order to keep your computer safe, follow the instructions.

It had a .zip attached cntaining the file dmwkyw.exe+. The from email address was spoofed to look like it was within the company although not a valid address.

This is a good virus! I just got an email from support.AT.yahoo.DOT.com saying that my email account is temporaly out of service and the attachment was "infoonyouraccount.pif"

lmao...Yahoo's sever, with the HIGH AND MIGHTY Norton integrated software got hit!

This is a good one!

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

quote:

...Yahoo's sever, with the HIGH AND MIGHTY Norton integrated software got hit...

I'd at least give them a day before I'd start bad mouthing them. They make a good product. Support it well too. This thing's brand new. My NAV 2004 has been catching stuff left and right. So far nothing let in.

JM2C

quote:

I'd at least give them a day before I'd start bad mouthing them. They make a good product. Support it well too. This thing's brand new. My NAV 2004 has been catching stuff left and right. So far nothing let in.

I'm in agreement with James. Symantec Anti-Virus Corporate Edition 8.0 on our desktops has been catching the Bagle's and Netsky's that our TrendMicro Virus Scan for Microsoft Exchange has been letting in.

+1 to the Symantec scan engine developers and the dudes preping the definitions cheers.gif

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

I'm in favor of public execution of anyone caught writing viruses. A bit extreme?? Sure, but we've got to make an example. Imagine the cost of the lost productivity in North America alone. Billions of dollars per day perhaps???

James teh "...swats flys with sledgehammers..."

quote:

I'm in favor of public execution of anyone caught writing viruses. A bit extreme?? Sure, but we've got to make an example. Imagine the cost of the lost productivity in North America alone. Billions of dollars per day perhaps???

It's kind of like why do kids key cars and egg houses? But now they write virii and take down corporations!

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Ok, how about this. When/if they get caught, they have to work for the corporation they did the most damage to for say 10-20 years. Kind of like a prison sentence.

See the difference between keying a car is it's just 1 person, or maybe a whole parking lot, but with these viruses, it hit's millions of people because of how they propogate themselves. Here's the other half of the equasion though, people need to take personal responsibility for their own PC's. If there weren't so many idiots with computers this kind of thing would not be happening on such a large scale. If people would take even basic measures to protect their PC's, use some common sense and not open attachments they are not expecting then things would not be this bad either.

JM2C

quote:

I got an email this morning stating:

Some of our clients complained about the spam (negative e-mail content) outgoing from your e-mail account. Probably, you have been infected by a proxy-relay trojan server. In order to keep your computer safe, follow the instructions.

In my yahoo this morning along with the info on your account.

I didnt even open them to see the attach I just deleted. eek.gif

quote:

If there weren't so many idiots with computers this kind of thing would not be happening on such a large scale. If people would take even basic measures to protect their PC's, use some common sense and not open attachments they are not expecting then things would not be this bad either.

+1

+1

= No more cooties?

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

quote:

...the writers of two virus's battling out to be the better cope maker. They are figting eachother and bringing us along with them...

curse.gifcurse.gifcurse.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gif

OUT!!!!